Should i buy a used g27 or save up for a g29?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Baron901, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron901

Baron901

Ratings:
    +0
    EDIT: The listing for the g27 is no longer avaliable and i couldn't find another g27 is good condition that was cheap. At this point im most likely to get a g29 as i cant find any other wheel with clutch and shifter that meets my max budget.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +512
    Neither, because the days of gear internals are over. Belt drive has proven itself, so get a Thrustmaster.

Used G27 is likely going to need a new pot on the brake and/or throttle and the shifter can probably use tightening (shim under the spring detent). It is, after all, a decade old.

I say this while still using a G25 pedal & shifter set with my Fanatec CSWv2. Yes, I'll be upgrading them very soon.

3. Baron901

Baron901

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard of how good the thrustmaster wheels are but sadly in order to get one with clutch pedal and shifter its simply too far out of my current budget which was the reason i narrowed it down to the g29 in the first place. Thanks for the tip however.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.