Should I be considering the AccuForce Pro V2 DD?

Being new to sim racing, whenever I look up DD wheels all I see is Fanatec DD and Simucube 2. So I thought these were my only 2 choices if I was going to build a serious rig. In my original planning I was going to go with the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and BMW GT Wheel ($850), but forum members highly recommended a DD wheel at my price point (~$6k total - you can see my other thread 'held me build a 6k rig' in hardware section here). The AccuForce Pro V2 is very close to that price at $999 which makes it very attractive. SC2 or Fanatec DD will be over $2,000 with wheel. An added bonus, SimXperience is a local company to me, and I really like the idea of having support so close geographically!

Most YouTube reviews of the AccuForce are very positive overall, as is the general consensus from searching this forum. I see a lot of direct comparison videos of SC2 and Fanatec DD, but I do NOT see direct comparisons with the AccuForce Pro V2. I understand the AccuForce is less powerful and not in the same class, but most people seem to think force feedback is plenty powerful enough.

I am hoping people with experience using these 3 DD units can help me weigh the pros/cons. For example, if you were to turn the force feedback to the exact same settings for these different units, what differences between the systems would you notice?

Bought an AF v2 sytem around Christmas 2019. Price is right compared to other DD wheels and tech support is responsive. Simcommander 4 software is great, YouTube is your friend for info on using SC4. I started on a G29 so this was a definite step up.

Have to revise my statement about tech support. Lost left paddle and left lower button functionality, contacted tech support. Worked with me through several emails then all of sudden no responses to emails (4 including the one I sent today). Went to SimXperience site to open another ticket, got this:

1593433419619.png

Things that make me go 'Hmmm - what is going on?' Could be someone overlooked renewing the software, see it all the time with Web certs.

I love the wheel, just wish I could get the functionality I paid for.

Upvote 0
SimX's website and software are clunky but don't stress too much. They've been around a long time and just keep going. They also cater to higher-end customers (higher-end than even the AF wheel) so they have good revenue streams.

If you're on the forums try there.

I'm sure they'll get the support request software fixed up soon. It probably only recently broke.

Upvote 0
I have had both. The problem I have with the Accuforce is the button box is too big for a formula wheel and cannot find a way to get comfortable with it. Also, I think the Fanatec will have higher resale value. I was able to sell all three of my used CSW bases for what I paid for them years ago.

Upvote 0
Still using G29 pedals, so just replaced G29 wheel with Accuforce axis 1 in Content Manager,
which confirms Accuforce wheel movements, but
when launched from Content Manager via either Test or Drive,
Assetto Corsa ignores the AccuForce wheel and instead responds to G29 wheel movements..
On the other hand, quitting Content Manager and launching Assetto Corsa directly,
it picked up Content Manager's wheel change and uses the AccuForce..??!!

Going back into CM and reverifying AF wheel setting, AC launched from CM still uses G29 wheel.

Upvote 0
can we ever hope to use other servo motors with the simX steering box?
I do not know whether anyone has reverse-engineered their firmware,
but drive waveforms for hybrid steppers differ significantly from those for e.g. mige.
While it is in theory possible to build electronics
which could drive either hybrid steppers or 3-phase BLDC motors,
depending only on firmware, I doubt simX electronics are suitable.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years