Should I be a Mercedes fan or a McLaren fan?

Hey, my brothers, I have been speculating where my true loyalties in F1 lie.

I want to support Mercedes because my favourite drivers, Mika Hakkinen and Michael Schumacher are bought and paid for by the Silver Arrows. I also love how Hamilton is driving with the team that endorsed my favourite drivers and he will be doing hilarious ads with them, hopefully. I was a fan of Mika Hakkinen when Mercedes and McLaren were partners in the mid-90s. Mercedes also helped Schumi reach F1.

McLaren had some awesome drivers in Senna, Prost, and Berger, They won so many championships with Honda and they also won in '98, '99, and '08 with Hakkinen and Hamilton, respectively. In one season, they won all except for one race. When Button came to McLaren in '10, I was rooting for those guys and rooting for Schumi. I liked Button more than Hamilton, but, Button is now a shadow of his former talent.

Should I like both of them or one more than the other.

And on that note, I only really liked the Schumacher-Brawn-Todt-Byrne Ferrari, so no pick for me either :p

But you can support both. At the moment I like Vettel at RB, Kimi at Lotus, and Massa at Ferrari. Any of those doing well makes me happy. This is not marriage you know - no need to be monogamous :cool:

I generally support a driver more than teams per se. Big fan of Schumi, Mika and Kimi, so while I rooted for all of them, it didn't really matter what team they drove for. Only reason I've got a Mercedes avatar is more so with I just like the Mercedes brand more than anything.

Support whom you wish, I don't think theres any reason you shouldn't.

If you want to support a team which has everything it takes to become Champions and still fails to do so because of their contraproductive perfectionism then support McLaren.

If you want to support a team which has been struggling for years but might be heading towards the right direction to dominate F1 in the next few years then support Mercedes.

If you want to support a team which has everything it takes to become Champions and still fails to do so because of their contraproductive perfectionism then support McLaren.

If you want to support a team which has been struggling for years but might be heading towards the right direction to dominate F1 in the next few years then support Mercedes.

Made me smile. :)

Odd question.

Tony, what fruit should i like? Grapes or Bananas?
I mean i like both but can you choose for me?

Well, being a lover of Dragon Fruit I really think you should like that instead. I mean, everybody knows grapes and bananas don't they - but Dragon Fruit....its the future. See below;
dragon-fruit.jpg

:D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%