Should Alonso have criticised Honda on team radio?

It was Alonsos free choice to move away from Ferrari in the hope he could find a team which has the potential to win races and maybe even championships, too. It's always a big gamble to move to a "new" team and Alonso was just unlucky to bet on the wrong horse.

I find it just unprofessional and not gentle to make such a statement in the public! I mean whom does he need to tell it's the car's fault he's slow on a straight and not his one?

Btw, what an irony Vettel is winning GPs with Ferrari. I slowly get the Impression that he's on the best way to follow in Schumis footsteps. :thumbsup:

That is the Mediterranean temperament.
Buttons reactions are many times calm, laid back, almost funny. BUT: When you listen carefully and look at his body language, he is very demotivated, it looks as he lacks the fire, the spirit to turn the tides. While there is still fire in Alonso.

Alonso's only 'mistake' (and it might not have been a mistake per se) was not adding in a bit of swearing as the F1 broadcasters generally can't air comments that contain swearing.

Effectively, swearing = private team communication. Quite hilarious when you think about it! :D

And let's face it: Everybody knows the current Honda PU is awful. There was some talk about Honda higher-ups blaming the lack of speed on the McLaren chassis. Yeah, well, Alonso made it perfectly clear that said argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Honda simply needs to get on with it and the partnership needs to lobby as hard as it can for the revised MGU-H/turbocharger design to be allowed within the token system somehow.

Alonso wanted, and decided, to leave. Ferrari would have kept him if it was up to them. Did you even follow the season? It wasn't a secret.

I didn`t say that he was "expelled" from Ferrari, he left for a lot of reasons. One of then being the fact that he just becomes an obnoxious person when not winning. He wasn't trusting Ferrari anymore so he was no longer useful for them. So, he left because he wasn't winning championships and Ferrari wanted him to leave because he wasn't helping the guys anymore to become a better racing team.

I don't hate him (like anyone else I don't know).

I just don't like his attitude (as far as I'm able to judge about it). It's just not OK to criticize your employer publically (at least this way).

And it's very childish to shout out the obvious:

Alonso: "It's not my fault!!!" :cry::cry::cry:
Public: "Calm down! We know mate, we know..." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't hate him (like anyone else I don't know).

I just don't like his attitude (as far as I'm able to judge about it). It's just not OK to criticize your employer publically (at least this way).

And it's very childish to shout out the obvious:

Alonso: "It's not my fault!!!" :cry::cry::cry:
Public: "Calm down! We know mate, we know..." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
He should better kick Honda's ass , but does not, at least he can claim

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back