Should Alonso have criticised Honda on team radio?

Perfect timming for Fernando.

He knew perfectly what was going to happen if he said that where he said it, and he did it because he want a winning car next year.

@Robert Waddell "...even a better driver than 50% of the grid...."

What've you been smoking, mate!

I agree with him, whenever I hear someone say "ALO is the best driver on the grid!" my first thought is "what have they been smoking?". He's the biggest jerk on the grid, that's for sure. He showed his true colors some years back when he blocked HAM in the pits during qualifying while they were both at McLaren. Since that day he's had a permanent hold on the title of "Brandon's Least Liked Driver On The F1 Grid".

Just my opinion of course, nobody has to agree, but I despise him.

Reactions: Rob
Alonso is getting a lot of heat for basically showing the reality of the "mighty" Honda power. Everyone expected Honda and Mclaren to struggle to get to grips with the new engine regulations but not for them to be this bad. Poor PR and overconfidence has led both companies to be completely lost instead of facing the facts. Honestly they should be more concerned about making a good PU rather than naming them and turning them into some ridiculous cartoon.

Alonso is getting a lot of heat for basically showing the reality of the "mighty" Honda power. Everyone expected Honda and Mclaren to struggle to get to grips with the new engine regulations but not for them to be this bad. Poor PR and overconfidence has led both companies to be completely lost instead of facing the facts. Honestly they should be more concerned about making a good PU rather than naming them and turning them into some ridiculous cartoon.

Right. Fernando is just a victim. He doesn't bear any responsibility for making a bad decision while being privy to all sorts of inside information. None at all. It's all Honda's fault, and those morons at McLaren, who never really knew how to build cars.

It's a team sport until you talk about Fernando...apparently.

If I was paying him 40,000,000 per year and yes thats a monthly pay check of 3.33 million or a weekly one of 774,000 and he did that at my companys home track I would have sacked him immediately.

Yes the engine is underperforming. We all know that. Saying that was either very stupid or very clever.
There are some very good drivers lining up for an F1 drive at Mclaren (opens door.......where did those promising young guys we had lined up go? :unsure:Did they go for a coffee? :thumbsdown:I mean I'm sure Magnussen and Van Dorne were here a few hours ago:redface:
Get my private jet fuelled we have to find them. And while you're at it get Will Stevens on the phone ASAP.

A sure way out of here is making homophobic comments then argue with Staff that have removed the comment.
<Mod Edit: Homophobic comments are not tolerated here. If you've nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all.>
What I said is THE TRUTH , there isn't any more constructive if you don't like that is your problem.

Last edited:
I agree with him, whenever I hear someone say "ALO is the best driver on the grid!" my first thought is "what have they been smoking?". He's the biggest jerk on the grid, that's for sure. He showed his true colors some years back when he blocked HAM in the pits during qualifying while they were both at McLaren. Since that day he's had a permanent hold on the title of "Brandon's Least Liked Driver On The F1 Grid".

Just my opinion of course, nobody has to agree, but I despise him.

I think far too many people hold a grudge against Alonso for that reason and I'm not really convinced it's justified. However, the notion that Alonso isn't better than 50% of the grid - which is what the person you quoted was actually arguing, and not that he's the best - is baffling to me. Bias aside, he's one of the top drivers in the sport. There's far too much evidence of that and far too little evidence suggesting otherwise.

I think far too many people hold a grudge against Alonso for that reason and I'm not really convinced it's justified. However, the notion that Alonso isn't better than 50% of the grid - which is what the person you quoted was actually arguing, and not that he's the best - is baffling to me. Bias aside, he's one of the top drivers in the sport. There's far too much evidence of that and far too little evidence suggesting otherwise.

I've seen him do plenty of things since the Hamilton issue to further support my opinion, lots of people at Ferrari said he was very hard to work with. But that's just my opinion. I think he's a good driver, certainly better than the 50% quoted, but I think there's a few guys as good or better, and a couple that are nearly as good. Again, just my opinion, we all have our own. :thumbsup:

I think everyone needs to listen to this man very closely. He's not only the best driver who ever lived, but also does not distinguish between Jenson Button (like the fans and media do, when they are not obsessed with Kimi) and Fernando. To pretend that virtually any driver (and I mean *almost* any driver) on the grid is not capable of winning it all in the right car (Robsberg...cough, cough) is complete nonsense.

Honda is 1 year later on the grid then all others. Mercedes is only so strong cause they have big partnership with siemens. New generation started with the hybrid systems but i bet honda will make they homework and next year they will show mercedes, ferrari, renault that it wasnt nice to say "honda pls stay out for a year, so you dont take our spots, money, publicity and fame". Sure Alonso and Button wasnt that suprised that they will not have a fully competable car but that honda also said "ok fu all" suprised them even more.

This thread turned into a how-much-I-am-in-love with-or-dislike another person thread. He's a jerk, he's mean, oh he's so charming, I love his wittiness it's sexy, he's rude but I could probably deal with it because of his nice abs, blah blah blah.

Last I heard, drivers are there to win and race. Some people pay attention to the "character" of a person (as if they even knew them on a personal level in the first place), it's hilarious.

I get that FA is frustrated...I do.
It certainly can't be fun getting passed by a seventeen year old ....and certainly not while driving a car with one of the biggest budgets behind it.
He is one of...if not the best driver on the grid and a two time WDC.
Having said that....It was not the right setting.
It should have been handled behind closed doors after the race.
Can you imagine how McLaren and especially Honda's workers at the factory...(some of whom were probably attending a GP for the first time) must have felt?

Last edited:
the only reason this is happening is that driver have to much free time sitting in a line with tons of aero push whenever the cars get too close. fix the front wings and maybe the drivers can focus on racing instead of qually and then just having a chat with the team for the duration of the race.

I'm sure everybody was aware of Honda's struggle on their first season. Including Alonso.
He was complaining a lot at Ferrari and he'll only stop complaining when he drives a Mercedes car. He thinks that he should win every championship he enters no matter in wich car or team.
My opinion is that Alonso is gonna behave like this until he retires, it's like Emerson said above: Just Alonso being Alonso.

I hardly heard him complain; just about all I heard for 5 years was positive stuff like we're pushing, everyone is motivated, I have the best team, we never give up. etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back