Shot of the new Pirelli tyres.

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
scaled.php

A nice shot of the new Pirelli tyres, shame about the rims they are on :)

i don't know if its just because I didn't see any racing Pirelis for a while but I think they look kind of vintage. Very nice.

They do look a bit retro, two day test starts Friday, it's going to be interesting comparing the times to last weeks Bridgestones.

Also I hope they dont hold up as well as the Bridgestones, I was getting fed up with them, it didnt seem to matter what compounds they took to a race you could still do practically a whole race on them.

Well there black so thats one aim achieved :p

Do look nice though always liked Pirelli :). Could mix the grid up abit, I think towards the end Bridgestone had got their tyres too perfect. Could mix up the racing :p.

Well I have not much to say about Pirelli I will just wait until I hear the first comments with the 2011 cars. :p (puncture after the opening lap, lol)

Maybe Codemasters where onto something :D

Word has been for a while that they will be looking for a more marginal tyre, lets hope they can pull it off. I want more shenanigans like the ones at Montreal this year.

Very nice :) All the cars are going to look great with yellow rims imo :)

I too hope the tyres wear out a lot quicker and start to grain much sooner than the Bridgestones :) I want a three way tyre war too!

yeh I guess so Bram. I can't see anytime soon that they would remove the rule. Otherwise no pitstops would be required at a lot of tracks. People will just q onf the hard tires and run the whole race without stopping.

We already lost a lot of strategy stuff when refuelling was stopped again. I tdont think they should get rid of it completely.

Yea but to be honest that rule have somehow been shaded for 2011. I guess we just have to look around or wait for someone to get a clear answer. (Not even the Greek TV have a clue)

OMG, the tires look beutiful. I just want to have one. :D

Im suspecting some tire troubles for next year with Pirelli....... what do you think guys?

I think we are going to see a lot more tire problems with Pirelli then with Bridgestone..... even adds more action to the championship :)

Massa likes 'em. Rosberg hates 'em.
So Ferraris car looks good on the Pirrelis, but cant take much. Dunno fuel levels...
Mind you, those tyres look heavily grained considering they have 4 sets to use (2 Softs and 2 hards)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%