Shoes for load cell?

Hi,
I'm using a csr elite pedal with load cell
My question, do you are using shoes for load cell?
I'm breaking with left feet and don't get enough power sometimes.
With right feet it's better but I don't know if left feet is better for breaking

It can take a bit of practice to left foot brake if you're used to using your right foot. I initially had the opposite problem of braking too hard with my left foot, but it's now preferable as having both gas and brake covered with different feet provides better control.

I usually race in socks in my HE Pro pedals but have recently started to try racing with shoes too which requires a bit of adjustment as it changes the feeling a fair bit. Going from socks to shoes will help you apply more brake pressure.

Upvote 0
Once I went to load cell, shoes became necessary for me. I am considering getting these as they look good and affordable.
upload_2018-4-15_9-10-16.png

Upvote 0
Not racing in socks will enable you to apply more pressure to the brake. Doesn't have to be shoes. I use slippers with soft soles for my HE Pro pedals.

(When I had a set of CSR Elite pedals I drove in two pairs of socks, the outer ones being thicker. That was fine for throttle and clutch, but not so much for the brake.)

Upvote 0
If you have a puma outlet near you they carry tons of driving shoes for a reasonable price and are usually always on sale or buy them online.
If you sign up for there email they will send you weekly discount codes that can be applied ontop of sale items.

BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, Redbull, Pirelli and Goodyear

http://ca.puma.com/en_CA/men/shoes/motorsport

I recently upgraded a pair of puma bmw shoes for a pair of Lewis Hamilton mercedes drift cat 5 for $49

http://ca.puma.com/en_CA/pd/mercede...a305978.html?dwvar_pna305978_color=02#start=1

Extremely comfortable and fit like a sock once there worked in. Very good flat sticky rubber sole grips great to the pedals and has excellent feel compared to a run shoe with thicker tread

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Puma drift cat all the way.
Have tried a bunch of them including few racing/karting shoes, they are the best balance between comfort and function.

Upvote 0
Another one for drift cat's. Had a pair for general track days and have used them on the rig but i was used to them. I found my omp ankle race boots were not really needed on the sim.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks is there any difference between cat 5 and 7?
I am currently using Drift Cat 6 and got Drift Cat 5 as a future replacement when these completely wear out.
Both are pretty close in comfort and quality.
Never tried Drift Cat 7.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%