SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays

Misc SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Login or Register an account to download this content
crew chief is already installed I will check the simhud but should I need a second monitor for simhud?
Nope, no second monitor required. You'll create an Layout from the Overlays in the mod and you'll be able to position them anywhere on your screen.

These overlays are my go-to for GTR2, but I am having some issues:
* The map displays only my car during a race
* All of the leaderboard overlays do not show any oppponents
* The dash mini plus overlay never shows the current lap time
* The car radar doesn't work (probably since it doesn't register any opponent data) :(

These overlays are my go-to for GTR2, but I am having some issues:
* The map displays only my car during a race
* All of the leaderboard overlays do not show any oppponents
* The dash mini plus overlay never shows the current lap time
* The car radar doesn't work (probably since it doesn't register any opponent data) :(

That's strange. Are you using Steam or non-Steam GTR2? Are you using Crew Chief? Is the plugin installed correctly? It should create a GTR2\Plugins\CrewChief.ini file if it's running.

That's strange. Are you using Steam or non-Steam GTR2? Are you using Crew Chief? Is the plugin installed correctly? It should create a GTR2\Plugins\CrewChief.ini file if it's running.
Yes, I am using the Steam version with the P&G mod installed, but for some reason the SimHub app doesn't recognize GTR2 exe as the Steam version, so it works only with Telemetry mode set to "Basic game shared memory". The CrewChief works with no issues and the .ini file is there

Where is your GTR2 installed ? .... did you ever try to install it in a GTR2 folder at the root of the disk ? as even Steam Version doesn't need Steam to work.

....Strangely I'd guess that the Admin Rights in some usual folder might be the problem.

Simhub has no problem for that version for me but GTR2 is in a GTR2 folder in a separate SSD. ( NB: no P&G, just GTR2 for my case ).

Last edited:
Yes, try a dedicated folder and see if that works.

Did you use any EXE patch explicitly or maybe via HQ Anniversary Patch?

Where is your GTR2 installed ? .... did you ever try to install it in a GTR2 folder at the root of the disk ? as even Steam Version doesn't need Steam to work.

....Strangely I'd guess that the Admin Rights in some usual folder might be the problem.

Simhub has no problem for that version for me but GTR2 is in a GTR2 folder in a separate SSD. ( NB: no P&G, just GTR2 for my case ).
The install path is C:\Games\GTR 2 - Power & Glory (I have an SSD so it's just the C drive).
Could you please elaborate on the Admin rights thing?

I don't get why all that you mention is not showing.
Install location is fine, you're using the same choice for binary as I do.
But I don't use those particular Simhub overlays.... but they should work.

Using CrewChief, admin rights are not to be used for GTR2.exe but just the GTR2_config.exe needs them at the 1st launch for the resolution choice.

Is your Simhub version rather uptodate ? Are your GTR2 Userdata located in the game folder, where they should be ?
Are the other overlays perfectly working ? tyres temps, pressions, etc.... ?
For Simhub, do you have the necessary rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll in GTR2 plugins folder ?

Last edited:
I don't get why all that you mention is not showing.
Install location is fine, you're using the same choice for binary as I do.
But I don't use those particular Simhub overlays.... but they should work.

Using CrewChief, admin rights are not to be used for GTR2.exe but just the GTR2_config.exe needs them at the 1st launch for the resolution choice.

Is your Simhub version rather uptodate ? Are your GTR2 Userdata located in the game folder, where they should be ?
Are the other overlays perfectly working ? tyres temps, pressions, etc.... ?
For Simhub, do you have the necessary rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll in GTR2 plugins folder ?
The SimHub is up to date, as well as the UserData being in the game folder. The other overlays are working as expected, but I don't have the rFactorSharedMemoryMap file, where should I get it?

It is included in the Game plugins of Simhub.
To install it manually
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\GamePlugins\rfactor1\

Copy the rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll and paste it in GTR2/Plugins where CrewChief files are also placed.

And that's done.... that's surely the reason why your map is not working.
This is at the start a RF1 plugin but it also works for GTR2.

It is included in the Game plugins of Simhub.
To install it manually
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\GamePlugins\rfactor1\

Copy the rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll and paste it in GTR2/Plugins where CrewChief files are also placed.

And that's done.... that's surely the reason why your map is not working.
This is at the start a RF1 plugin but it also works for GTR2.
Thank you, it works now, although the map overlay still requires me to re-record a valid lap for each new map I try to race/practice on, but at least everything else is working properly :thumbsup:

Thank you, it works now, although the map overlay still requires me to re-record a valid lap for each new map I try to race/practice on, but at least everything else is working properly :thumbsup:
Congrats!

Yes, there is some known wonkiness with live track maps in SimHub. Here's my note about that:

- [Known Issue] SimHub Bug: Live Track Map auto-map-generation gets confused when you pause the game and can lead to bad maps. I have disabled automatic map regeneration in SimHub settings to avoid the map corrupting over time because I use the pause feature a lot.

Here are my settings that I chose for reliability:

1659201471259.png

Wouldn't the Use Online Maps feature fill that role?

They're .shtl files and appear to be some binary format.
Unfortunately I do not know how does that feature work.

My suggestion was based on my experience with Crew Chief, there we have corner mappings, and several people did create many mappings for other people to use. I just thought if someone is passionate about track map functionality, and it is possible to pre-create and prevent it from getting overwritten, that would solve problem like corruption etc.

I did have reliability problems early on where the game would often think it needed to re-map and then the map would be incorrect but I think disabling quality scoring solved most of that.

Can't remember the last time I had an issue.

Shovas updated SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays with a new update entry:

[Release] SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V16

Version 16 (2022-06-17..2022-08-06)
  • [SimHub Compatibility] This is the first release since I started using SimHub V8. I'm uncertain if V8 overlays will work on older than V8. Beware. I can recommend V8 so consider upgrading if you can.
  • [Renames] Overlay files have been renamed. Try importing like usual first. You may need to clean up old overlays with the old name.
  • [Leaderboard] Fixed a mistake where bottom row was using a custom-calculated Gap value that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back