SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays

Misc SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shovas updated SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays with a new update entry:

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V10

Version 10:

- [Radar Overlay] Added left/right/rear flashing indicators with white-to-orange-to-red color highlighting based on distance; Inspired by the ACC Helicorsa overlay available in SimHub. It's a little ADD right now I might tone it down in the future.

- [Known Issue] SimHub Bug: GTR2 Plugin not aware of pause state so overlays keep running and tings like timer get out of whack

- [Known Issue] SimHub Bug: No damage properties are exposed by SimHub (yet?)

- [New Mini Dash V...

Read the rest of this update entry...

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V11

Version 11:

- [Note] Since I've been straying from the original GTR2 HUD design in V11 I'll be saving "original GTR2 design" versions of the ones I'm customizing using the "OGD" acronym. I can't promise I'll keep them up-to-date but they'll be in the archive if you don't like straying from the original design.

- [Status Overlay] Replaced Best laptime with Last laptime since it's duplicated in the Position Overlay already and added Optimal laptime in the old Last laptime place. Optimal...

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V12

Version 12:

- [Mod] Reorganized Release Notes and Development into separate files

- [Various Overlays] Optimize resource load with RenderingSkip for Status Overlay, Splits Overlay, OGD Status Overlay, Dash Overlay, Lap Overlay, Leaderboard Overlay, Position Overlay, Radar Overlay, Relative Overlay, Tyres Overlay

- [Known Issue] [Status Overlay] Only a US Gallon (~0.264 Gal/Lit) not an Imperial Gallon (~0.22 Gal/Lit) matches for Laps Remaining field when switching between SimHub's Imperial...

[Note] Key V12 changes in case you missed them

- [Known Issue] [GTR2] GTR2 must be running with Metric in Options > Game > Unit Of Measurement. You can still use different units by selecting the related options in SimHub > Settings. I've chosen to do this to avoid complications of having variable units in two different places (SimHub vs GTR2).

- [New Splits Overlay] New overlay to show your split times and deltas. Currently limited to 3 splits as that's all GTR2 has. Will plan to handle more in the future to be compatible with others...

hello, i have the problem that Simhub does not fedge any data from GTR2.
i activated the daa ingame, and even linked the .exe manually in SImhub.
what could it be?
Sorry, I'm not really sure. You've installed a clean copy of Steam GTR2 and then activated it in SimHub? It should ask you that it needs to install some files to work.

Maybe try the simhub forums if you're still having trouble.

Will do
One more question before :
When it runs and fedge your data, it does not fedge the opponents (for the leaderboard)
Did you came across that problem?
There is some glitchiness to simhub where it might not populate all data immediately. Sometimes overlays don't appear to be working for a few seconds or even up to a full lap or two but usually it start working eventually. That's pretty rare in my experience, usually it pops up pretty quick when entering the popup.

What car/track combo was it? How many AI? Do other overlays populate ok?

There is some glitchiness to simhub where it might not populate all data immediately. Sometimes overlays don't appear to be working for a few seconds or even up to a full lap or two but usually it start working eventually. That's pretty rare in my experience, usually it pops up pretty quick when entering the popup.

What car/track combo was it? How many AI? Do other overlays populate ok?
I tried it with :
Okayama GT4 Open Practice (Supra GT4) 4AI
Okayama GT4 Race 10 Laps + Q (Supra GT4) 20AI
Okayama FIA GT 2004 Race 10 Laps (Ferrari 550) 10AI
Norisring Super Touring Race 30 Laps (Honda Accord) 35AI
Norisring FIA GT 2003 open practice (Porsche 996 GT3-RS) 5AI
Norisring Touring Car Legends Q+4 Laps (BMW 635csi) 4AI

HUD works without problems. The only thing that does not work is the Leaderboard (and similar HUD where you need opponents shown in)
The Leaderboard just shows "me" and all other lines are empty.
Even when switching to the AI, the AI is "me", no opponents get tracked.
Same for the minimap, the only point on the map is the selected player.
I tried it with different installations, all same outcome.
The only thing all versions had in common is the patched exe

I'm using another hud for GTR2 and one thing is sure for the beginning:
At first laps on a track .... map and leaderboard need one lap or even two to be perfectly recorded for a track. ( sometimes cars are fully shown out of the track )
I think I remember that as long as all cars are not shown correctly on the map, leaderboard isn't fully displayed.

Strange that in your case the situation cannot evolve in the next races on the same track.

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V13

Version 13:

Version 13 (2022-03-04..2022-04-14):

• [Dash Overlay] Redline blinking fixes, minor visual improvements/fixes
  • [Mini Dash Overlay] Redline blinking fixes, minor visual improvements/fixes
  • [Mini Dash V Overlay] Redline blinking fixes, minor visual improvements/fixes
  • [Leaderboard Overlay] Fixed off-by-one sorting bug where Delta should have corresponded to the row above it
  • [Mini Dash V Overlay] Minor visual tweaks
  • [Note] [SimHub] GameRawData.Data.session...

[Note] Clarifying that the V13 Leaderboard is fixed for Prac/Qual/Race

My release notes for V13 were probably confusing regarding the Leaderboard Practice/Qualifying vs Race sessions.

Simply put, the Leaderboard works properly in all sessions now.

I had just meant to say the issues with the Delta/Gap column were fixed.

The issue was properly displaying the Delta/Gap column as either delta-to-leader-laptime in Practice/Qualifying or gap-to-leader-position in a Race session.

It should all be working now.

I updated the last update and the overview and the...

Hi hope this is a good place to reply to you,

Im playing Gtr2, with the HQ patch mod , also i have it so i can have crew chief working , so when i did see your hud set up i was so happy as i used to have xd hud and no crew chief, i have tried one of the all in one huds, its got lots of bits altogether map , sector, tiers (no wear though) and the map is the same on that just me showing , the sectors bit worked also tier temp (but as said it didnt have any wear bar, its in no way as good as your bits but i thought i would try and see if it worked as a reference , oh before i forget i also use a Borderless Gaming but i think i did see you use that in your vid. many thanks.

Hi hope this is a good place to reply to you,

Im playing Gtr2, with the HQ patch mod , also i have it so i can have crew chief working , so when i did see your hud set up i was so happy as i used to have xd hud and no crew chief, i have tried one of the all in one huds, its got lots of bits altogether map , sector, tiers (no wear though) and the map is the same on that just me showing , the sectors bit worked also tier temp (but as said it didnt have any wear bar, its in no way as good as your bits but i thought i would try and see if it worked as a reference , oh before i forget i also use a Borderless Gaming but i think i did see you use that in your vid. many thanks.

Ah, I'm confused. You're using a different SimHub dash or set of overlays, not mine?

Which one isn't working? My overalys or somebody elses?

Ah, I'm confused. You're using a different SimHub dash or set of overlays, not mine?

Which one isn't working? My overalys or somebody elses?
No sorry i didnt write it to well, i used yours first and thats the one i wanted to use, but i tried a all in one dash just to see if that worked correctly, But it didnt, not to worried about the all in one dash, As i liked the look of yours.

Hi Shovas,

Thank you very much for your work. Your overlays look awesome! However, I got some questions on their usage.

Actually, the main overlay I really need in GTR 2 is leaderboard because this is what the game doesn't have in-build, but what I consider to be quite necessary. I faced the following issues with this overlay:

1. For some reason, leaderboard doesn't show the opponents' names. All the lines except the player's one are empty.
2. Moreover, it doesn't show times and gaps. So, basically, leaderboard isn't working when I play.
3. As I can see, the default player's name in leaderboard is "Me". How to change it to my actual player name in GTR 2?
4. All overlays start to show up when my car is in the garage, not on track, which is strange.

I read your readme file and especially the part about leaderboard. I found out that all overlays can be edited in Dash Studio. I tried to do that with leaderboard, but I just didn't realize how to fix all these issues. I would be hugely grateful for a detailed guide on that.

Xbox Game Bar doesn't capture the overlays in-game, so I just attach the screenshot of how leaderboard looks with the browser background. This is how it looks all the time: in garage, during practice, quali and race. The only thing that changes is my position.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (215).png
    Снимок экрана (215).png
    518.9 KB · Views: 40
Hi Shovas,

Thank you very much for your work. Your overlays look awesome! However, I got some questions on their usage.

Actually, the main overlay I really need in GTR 2 is leaderboard because this is what the game doesn't have in-build, but what I consider to be quite necessary. I faced the following issues with this overlay:

1. For some reason, leaderboard doesn't show the opponents' names. All the lines except the player's one are empty.
2. Moreover, it doesn't show times and gaps. So, basically, leaderboard isn't working when I play.
3. As I can see, the default player's name in leaderboard is "Me". How to change it to my actual player name in GTR 2?
4. All overlays start to show up when my car is in the garage, not on track, which is strange.

I read your readme file and especially the part about leaderboard. I found out that all overlays can be edited in Dash Studio. I tried to do that with leaderboard, but I just didn't realize how to fix all these issues. I would be hugely grateful for a detailed guide on that.

Xbox Game Bar doesn't capture the overlays in-game, so I just attach the screenshot of how leaderboard looks with the browser background. This is how it looks all the time: in garage, during practice, quali and race. The only thing that changes is my position.

This is very strange. I'm not sure what's going on.

The screenshot just looks like the overlays aren't getting any data.

Your GTR2 is the right version for SimHub?

You edited the overlays? Do the original overlays work?

I recall I had the overlays showing up outside of the cockpit when I first started but it hasn't been an issue in a long time. Perhaps try launching the overlays before starting GTR2 and then try starting them after GTR2 is loaded.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing