SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays

Misc SHO XD Style SimHub Overlays V17

Login or Register an account to download this content

Shovas

Premium
Shovas submitted a new resource:

SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays - XD Style SimHub Overlays

SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays is a collection of SimHub overlays designed to reproduce the style of the XD overlays (vitumo.de). XD doesn't work with the Steam version of GTR2 so SimHub allows us to get the same functionality.

*Please see "README SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays.txt" as it contains helpful details on install/uninstall, tips, questions, known/open issues, testing notes, changes, and development notes. You might be reading this file right now: I've included this note...

Read more about this resource...

Shovas updated SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays with a new update entry:

[Note] Highlighting Installation Steps

I wanted to highlight the install instructions as SimHub may not be familiar for many people.

You only need to do these steps once or again later if you want to reposition overlays. Otherwise you can just start SimHub and the Layout you'll create below when you start your game.

Import Overlays Into SimHub:

1. Extract the mod archive

2. Double-click the *.simhubdash files found: Overlays should import automatically into SimHub if SimHub is already installed

Create Your Own...

Read the rest of this update entry...

[Note] Highlighting Tips

Tyre Overlay:

- ECON: Fuel Liters per Lap

SimHub Overlays:

- You can reize any overlay when adding overlays to the Overlay layout Editor

- You can resize any overlay in-game by hovering over the overlay in-game and using the top-right button: Click the Circle button using the Overlay and then click and drag from the corner to expand or shrink. Click the Circle when done to return to normal.

[Note] These SimHub overlays aren't actually GTR2 specific

While I'm designing and developing these with GTR2 in mind, once they're in SimHub, you could technically use them for any game as they use universal, non-game specific data variables, which SimHub can provide from any sim.

So you could use it with any sim, Race 07, GT Legends, iRacing, whatever is supported by SimHub.

The look and feel might not match that's the only consideration.

But you could always take these and change the look and feel to match your favourite sim.

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V4

- Added initial version of live track map

- Added initial version of Shift Light. Note shift light trigger is at max rpms not redline to match when the in-game shift lights trigger.

- Refinements and fixes to Delta Bar

- Pedal meters should visually be in real pedal order (ie. Clutch > Brake > Throttle not the the reverse)

[Tip] Customizing the Leaderboard

By default, I've customized the Leaderboard for the way I used it in XD, that is an iRacing style 'relative' leaderboard where you are in the middle and you can see cars ahead of you and behind you.

Here's detailed steps to find your way through the UI. Below you'll find a quick cheatsheet for how the configuration required for a Normal Leaderboard and a Relative Leaderboard.

You can customize this functionality yourself:

1. Navigate to SimHub > Dash Studio > Overlays > Available Overlays...

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V5

- Fixed Status overlay Track Temp by using GTR2 specific value as a fallback when it appears to just be a duplicate of Air Temperature

- [Work-around] Tyre Wear doesn't update for now unless you use Crew Chief with its experimental telemetry fixes enabled (you have to edit the INI file by hand to enable it)

- Visual refinements to Leaderboard overlay

- Visual refinements and fixes to Tyre overlay

- Visual refinements and fixes to Delta Bar overlay

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V6

- [Tyre Overlay] Significant reworking, improvements, and fixes to the Tyres Overlay to more closely match XD including Tyre Wear, Brake Rotor, Tyre, Water Temperature, and Oil Temperature "graphics", even included a car background image like XD, and additional work to shrink the physical size of the overlay to make it more compact and manageable when choosing how to display it in-game.

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V7

- You don't need any GTR2 HUD anymore. I've recreated each HUD UI element as SimHub overlays. So you can hide your GTR2 HUD (press '2' in-cockpit to cycle HUD options) and use these overlays instead of if you want.

- [Dash Overlay] Replace original GTR2 Dash overlay (Bottom Right overlay) with a SimHub overlay. The goal is to replace all original GTR2 HUD elements eventually so that we can have complete control with SimHub.

- [Known Issue] Original GTR2 Lap Overlay (Top Right) has a Split...

[Note] One original GTR2 HUD element I didn't remake

I didn't remake the very bottom-right "cheats" overlay because well it's not a real kind of thing you'd find in a car but also because when you enable or disable those things by keyboard shortcuts you get a notification at the top of the screen and if you did it in the menus you'd know anyway.

I might bring it back as ABS and TC indicators might be useful to have. Maybe include it on the Dash Overlay. Not sure.

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V8

Version 8:

- [Known Issue] Flags don't show up as I'm not getting the right flags information from SimHub

- [Flags Overlay] Experimented with a Flags overlay but found out flags weren't supported or implemented for GTR2 (yet?)

- [Delta Overlay] Minor fixes

- [Leaderboard Overlay] Minor cosmetic refinements

- [Known Issue] On outlaps the Lap Overlay Current Lap and Split Gap will display irrelevant information as I have no way to determine a racing lap from a non-racing lap to stop them...

[Note] Upcoming dedicated Relative and Leaderboard Overlays

The next release will have a dedicated Relative Overlay and a dedicated Leaderboard Overlay.

In the current release, the "Leaderboard Overlay" was serving both purposes and could be configured to do both. While technically possibel it was cumbersome to configure and customize.

So now there will be a Relative overlay that acts like before (minus best lap time as that's a Leaderboard thing now) and there will be a Leaderboard Overlay which will be much taller to fit a reasonable number of...

[Release] SHO GTR2 XD Style SimHub Overlays V9

Version 9:

- [Known Issue] SimHub Bug: Live Track Map auto-map-generation gets confused when you pause the game and can lead to bad maps. I have disabled automatic map regeneration in SimHub settings to avoid the map corrupting over time because I use the pause feature a lot.

- [Shift Light Overlay] Enable shift light 2 led (Gold colour) before going red to match Dash Overlay RPMs behaviour

- [Known Issue] SimHub Bug: SimHub Leaderboard Gap PlayerTextColor won't work in...

[Release] SHO Competition AI V12

Version 12:

- All tracks have now been tuned for more accurate race performance from AI relative to their Qualifying laptimes. It will be MUCH more difficult to keep up and to overtake in order to be more realistic. There is a "fun factor" balance in this tuning. I wasn't 100% realstic, it's still nice to pass a few but it was designed so that you'll eventually hit a wall in passing where AI are just too fast for you, as it is in real-life unless you qualified first.

- Continued tuning...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%