SHO Competition FFB for GTR2

Misc SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 V13-beta1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Shovas

Premium
Shovas submitted a new resource:

SHO Competition FFB - A GTR2 FFB Mod To Improve Force Feedback

SHO Competition FFB is a mod of various UserData PLR file force feedback configuration parameters to achieve an improved, more modern force feedback feel.

*Please see "README SHO Competition FFB.txt" in the download for helpful details on install/uninstall, tips, questions, known/open issues, testing notes, changes, and development notes.

Some people prefer different iterations of SHO Competition FFB:

Shovas - v1.PLR:
- Original per-mod tuning
- Friendly for Non-DD and DD...

Read more about this resource...

The latest version is being tested by myself and others starting at this comment, which includes details on how to use the mod:

The highlight of the next version will be a single set of params that feel good on DD and non-DD wheels.

Shovas updated SHO Competition FFB with a new update entry:

New AMS1-inspired FFB and Crowdsourced Wheel PLRs

Further improvements by adopting AMS1 PLR FFB parameters and tuning them into GTR2. Also, we crowdsourced wheel-specific PLRs, so now you can choose whatever suits you best!

Thank you, ToddMcDanger, Jean-Paul Sarti, and BlackMarketBlood for new wheel PLRs. And thank you GTR233, DurgeDriven, and others for your help!

Code:
Version 5 (Release):
- Multiple editions for various wheels submitted by owners who tuned this mod to their liking.
  - If your wheel is not listed, choose the closest...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes its "Sho - Time" Shovas :) (Copyright to GTR233)

Till today i was not so satisfied - because use non-DD G25 for example in GTR2,
will hope for new inspirations - because since more than a decade of Years i tweak on this - the paramters from "Feel Real" by freejers-user in nogripracing was a good starting point.

Find one GT3 Series here in GTR2 - with good and clean-Feeling of the Road and the Weight-Movement-the Tyres with your Setting.

Thank you for the Support of Simbin "oldest" Commerical-Serie (GTR1 - GTR2)

Mike

Yes its "Sho - Time" Shovas :) (Copyright to GTR233)

Till today i was not so satisfied - because use non-DD G25 for example in GTR2,
will hope for new inspirations - because since more than a decade of Years i tweak on this - the paramters from "Feel Real" by freejers-user in nogripracing was a good starting point.

Find one GT3 Series here in GTR2 - with good and clean-Feeling of the Road and the Weight-Movement-the Tyres with your Setting.

Thank you for the Support of Simbin "oldest" Commerical-Serie (GTR1 - GTR2)

Mike

Do you like it? Which edition are you using?

If you tweak your settings, please attach your PLR and I'll include it in the next update for G25 wheels :)

Thanks for reply my setting and feelings seems very very strange :).
I drive only with medium-effects to spend out the "fake Throttle-Brake etc.) - Effects

My DFGT is shaking (is this clipping you mentioned?) when car is in the pits, when I drive its getting worse, any thoughts?
Which version are you using?

For DFGT you should probably use:
- Driving Force GT: User - v5-beta4 - Driving Force GT by BlackMarketBlood.PLR

If you still get that kind of behaviour, try increasing "FFB steer force exponent" in 10% increments in your UserData PLR file. When that value gets too low it can sometimes cause oscillation (shaking around center).

If all that fails, try reducing overall strength, and come back here and try to explain a little bit more about how it feels and maybe I'll have a better idea.

Sho - thanks - i like your comments
O.K. yours english is perfect, and my ist from the 80s School :) in Germany.

FFB means - try out - try out, you have a lot of experience.

If i am a step or more than one step forward with G25- Settings i post simple the parameters and it will be nice to get feedback.

Basic on freejrs - "Feels Real FFB on nogrip from ca. 2009" it seems better, that this "older" Steering Wheels get less informations - setting low - or mid, because high or full - i think only "fake - effects" and destroy the track-surface-effects.
In GTR2 i have the problems since 2007 :) that i cant rework the suspension so correct, that i feel the oversteering-tendence with the typical "hit in the wheel,
like Realcars with Differential-lock, ideally with slat lock and hydraulic support. - This is in rF1 for example in any cars possible, but not the rule.

Thanks Shovas,
no Question directly, possible to edit the suspension data and HDC-HDV Datas in GTR2 that i get a better suspension feeling, will be nice.

Have you try out to limited the fps in the plr to 180, it help a little to minimze short fps-stutter ? !
parameter will be better -180.

Can you limit fps in the PLR?

I know you can limit FPS in your video card driver. I use NVIDIA Profile Inspector and you can do it in there. I don't use it but it can be done.

Thanks Shovas,
here this :
but this is rF1 - have only this Playgame on my workstation,
GTR2 at home on my lovely vintage backup-Racing-PC :)
plr-File:
Max Framerate="0" --> -180 or 180

Improvements to handling and effects

Improvements to handling and effects (See release notes below).

Unfortunately, I didn't receive any crowdsourced testing this time but thought I'd release this as it's been months now with little need to change and I prefer these settings now.

Always looking to add new wheels to the mod from anybody who would like to contribute. Feel free to contact me and send me your PLR file!

Thank you, ToddMcDanger, Jean-Paul Sarti, and BlackMarketBlood for new wheel PLRs. And thank you GTR233...

Thank you for this amazing base. I had to make my own version for t300, because csl and logitech profiles were inverted. Feel free to add this to any next version!

Code:
FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects.  Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.04520" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00391" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="1" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.00000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="1.00000" // Steering force output "sensitivity".  Range 0.0 to infinity.  0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.50000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.30997" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9.  How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6.  How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.07094" // Coefficient to use for steering friction.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction.  Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.07094" // Coefficient to use for steering damper.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper.  Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.00000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency.  Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.05000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.25000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is.  Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="1.00000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.25000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are.  Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

SHO Competition FFB v7

SHO Competition FFB is a GTR2/GTL/PnG3 mod of various UserData User.PLR file force feedback configuration parameters to achieve an improved, more modern force feedback feel.

*Please see "README SHO Competition FFB.txt" in the download for helpful details on install/uninstall, tips, questions, known/open issues, testing notes, changes, and development notes.

Important! You will have a better FFB experience the higher your frame rate. This is because GTR2 ties FFB refresh rate to frame rate...

Regarding your recommendation of 240 degrees steering rotation, this doesn't work for me when using the HQ Anniversary modded version of GTR 2.
Steering becomes extremely sensitive and is incomparable to what I'm used to in any other sim I own.
It does seem to ameliate the deadzone of my TMX Pro, but I much prefer 900 degrees rotation with the 0.76 Steer Force Exponent value included in the Shovas FFB that I selected in the HQA mod install.

I really like what GTR 2 and GTL still have to offer and I appreciate the continuing effort you and other modders have made to improve what's there, so it's a bit frustrating that I can't seem to get the FFB near the informative feel of the likes of AMS 1, AC and Raceroom.
Specifically, there's a distinct sharp 'notchy' sensation I get when taking certain corners (e.g. Curva Grande and Lesmo at Monza) that's rather nasty.
Turning spring and damper off in the wheel's configuration utility doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there anyone with the same experience or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
You can set different physics with different tyres (you are not forced to match the versions : you can set vanilla physics + reborn tyres or any other combo by example) via GTR2_SETUP.CMD : maybe a specific combo will suit better your taste than my hq2020 physics+tyres by default in hq anniv. patch out of the box.
You can also try to start to tweak your own plr then help Shovas to make a dedicated ffb version for your wheel model :)

Attachments

• setup1.jpg
    setup1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 128
  • setup2.jpg
    setup2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 128
  • setup3.jpg
    setup3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 133

Latest News

How long have you been simracing