SHO Competition FFB v6 Beta Testing

Shovas

Premium
Update 2020-08-28: I've come around on Grip Factor and I'm now tuning for <1.0 after discovering lack of wheel information during those lumbering, lateral, all-wheel slides that you sometimes can get yourself into. I think a small decrease in Grip Factor can allow for more usable and realistic ffb information in that case. PLR attachments updated.

After great success beta testing v5-beta4 in this thread, I'd like to request help again to test v6 of the SHO Competition FFB mod.

SHO Competition FFB is a GTR2/GTL mod of various UserData PLR file force feedback configuration parameters to achieve an improved, more modern force feedback feel.

Change in v6:

- Tuned Grip Factor to improve lateral all-wheel slide ffb weight issues

^ I know this looks like a big change from the default/previous values but I'd appreciate if you could give it an honest try. Grip Factor=1.0 should be the most realistic but if you need more grip information then I recommend lowering it slowly.

- Tuned Grip Factor=1.0 (all grip from front wheels) to avoid too much ffb weigh loss when in lateral all-wheel slides

- Tuned Grip Factor < 1.0 (split grip between front/rear wheels) to gain back some information in lateral slides. At 1.0, in a lateral all-wheel slide, the wheel kept it's direction but realistically it should be following the path of least resistance (the direction of the car's slide) so there should be some force/lack-of-force allowing it to move to that direction, at least slightly.

- Disabled Rumble Strip effect because rumble strips already have ffb from physical geometry of the rumble strip on track. Some PLR files have been customized and I have NOT changed them. I recommend author's disable the Rumble Strip effect, themselves.

- Halved Friction and Damper as they started to become overly apparent in steering forces, perhaps due to the Grip Factor/Weight changes.

- Now recommending using 240 degrees wheel rotation: GTR2 was hard-wired to 240 degrees, meaning everything was tuned for that, including in-car wheel rotation, steer lock, FFB, and general handling feel. Your experience will be closest to the developer's intentions if you use 240. You can still use whatever rotation you like, though, it should still feel fine.

Editions:

- AccuForce V1: User - AccuForce V1 by Shovas.PLR
- CSL Elite: User - CSL Elite by ToddMcDanger.PLR
- G920: User - G920 by Jean-Paul Sarti.PLR
- Driving Force GT: User - Driving Force GT by BlackMarketBlood.PLR

How to use the PLRs above:

Open in a text editor and copy all "FFB" lines EXCEPT lines starting with "FFB Joy" lines and replace the same lines in your own PLR. It's easy to select the right lines just start selecting from "FFB Device Type" and go to "FFB jolt magnitude".

These PLRs should match v5-beta4 files of the same name exactly except for the parameters mentioned above in the Changes section.

Reminders about disabling effects I like but you may not like:

- Disable Friction: FFB steer friction coefficient="0.00000"

- Disable Damper: FFB steer damper coefficient="0.00000"

- Disable Rumble Strips: FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.00000"

- Disable Brake Vibration: FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.00000"

- Disable Throttle Vibration: FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.00000"

- Disable Steering Vibration: FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00000"

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• User - AccuForce V1 by Shovas_PLR.txt
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
  • User - CSL Elite by ToddMcDanger_PLR.txt
    49.9 KB · Views: 94
  • User - Driving Force GT by BlackMarketBlood_PLR.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 120
  • User - G920 by Jean-Paul Sarti_PLR.txt
    49.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Update 2020-08-28: I've come around on Grip Factor and I'm now tuning for <1.0 after discovering lack of wheel information during those lumbering, lateral, all-wheel slides that you sometimes can get yourself into. I think a small decrease in Grip Factor can allow for more usable and realistic ffb information in that case. PLR attachments updated.

Added new PLRs with Grip Factor < 1.0 to improve ffb info during lateral slides.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back