SHO Competition FFB for GTR2

Misc SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 V13-beta1

Login or Register an account to download this content
You can set it at whatever you feel is best for you, probably whatever your native rotation is on your wheel. There shouldn't be any huge cons to doing so, either for ffb or in-game otherwise.

But, the only way to get the in-game wheel to rotate perfectly with your physical wheel is to set your physical wheel to 240degrees. I recommend this but it's not the end of the world if you choose not too.
BTW, CC Plugin allows adjusting that 240 degrees animation behavior. You can set your wheel physical rotation degrees and plugin will scale the animation to match it. But it will stop at 240deg, it is still better than total visual mismatch.

Last edited:
I suspect the T300 or CSL Elite would be closest out of the files provided.

I'll happily include your new TC-PC Racer file in the mod if you make tweaks, though! Notes on how to tweak are in the README :)
Thank you for this amazing base !
This is my own version for TS-XW RACER based on HQ Vanilla physics and HQ 2020 Tyres (MOD : GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH by GTR233) ;).
Do you think this values seem correct/coherent ? :

//*****************************************************************
//* *
//* GTR2 Player File *
//* *
//* Edit at your own risk! *
//* *

----------

[ Thrustmaster Control Panel ]
// Rotation/Angle : 240°
// Overall Strength of all forces : 100%
// Constant : 100%
// Periodic : 100%
// Spring : 0%
// Damper : 0%
// Auto-Center Settings : by the game

----------

[ Controls ]
FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="0.66000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.50000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.01270" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.00000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.75149" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.70000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.60000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.06094" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.06094" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.10000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10781" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.14063" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.21875" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.51034" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="0.50000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Thank you for this amazing base !
This is my own version for TS-XW RACER based on HQ Vanilla physics and HQ 2020 Tyres (MOD : GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH by GTR233) ;).
Do you think this values seem correct/coherent ? :

//* *
//* GTR2 Player File *
//* *
//* Edit at your own risk! *
//* *

----------

[ Thrustmaster Control Panel ]
// Rotation/Angle : 240°
// Overall Strength of all forces : 100%
// Constant : 100%
// Periodic : 100%
// Spring : 0%
// Damper : 0%
// Auto-Center Settings : by the game

----------

[ Controls ]
FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="0.66000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.50000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.01270" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.00000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="0.75149" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.70000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.60000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.06094" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.06094" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.10000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10781" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.14063" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.21875" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.51034" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="0.50000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
If it feels good to you and it's not clipping (ie. going numb) in high force situations like high speed corners than I would say it's probably fine.

The key to my changes were simply to allow the ffb to express itself without clipping in the internal ffb calculations before it even got to the wheel.

If you like I can include that in the next release.

If it feels good to you and it's not clipping (ie. going numb) in high force situations like high speed corners than I would say it's probably fine.

The key to my changes were simply to allow the ffb to express itself without clipping in the internal ffb calculations before it even got to the wheel.

If you like I can include that in the next release.
The feelings is great and it's not seems to have clipping in high force situations.
Feel free to add this to next version :)

Last edited:
Hi all

Any settings for the T 300 wheels? Very different from the G25 ...

Thanks.

PH
Yes, there's this one: User - T300 by Paokkerkir.PLR

I don't have that wheel so can't confirm how it feels.

Give it a try and if you don't like it try another similar wheel:

Code:
Version 10:
- Editions:
  - AccuForce V1:      User - AccuForce V1 by Shovas.PLR
  - CSL Elite:         User - CSL Elite by ToddMcDanger.PLR
  - Driving Force GT:  User - Driving Force GT by BlackMarketBlood.PLR
  - Fanatec DD1:       User - Fanatec DD1 by The Iron Wolf.PLR
  - G920:              User - G920 by Jean-Paul Sarti.PLR
  - Simucube 2 Pro:    User - Simucube 2 Pro by Shovas.PLR
  - T300:              User - T300 by Paokkerkir.PLR
  - Thrustmaster T-GT: User - Thrustmaster T-GT by WesBrook77
  - TC-PC Racer:       User - TC-PC Racer by Machiavelo.PLR

Shovas updated SHO Competition FFB for GTR2 with a new update entry:

A note about Wheel Software Profiles

I've added a Wheel Software Profiles folder, in recent versions, and this houses the author's wheel software profile exports. It is intended for you to easily import into your wheel software.

For example, I export my Simucube True Drive configuration along with the PLR. A SimCommander profile is also available for import along with an AccuForce wheel. Other authors can submit their profiles, as well.

You can choose to use your own settings but sometimes it is necessary to tune your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Code:
Version 10:
- Editions:
I found the file and downloaded. Thanks much! PH

Code:
Version 10:
- Editions:
Hi all,

1st thing I noticed was that the PLR for the T 300 wheel, if copied in its entirety, unfortunately does not necessarily work properly if users have different mods installed.

So I copied just the FF section and that brought back all the mods as I had them.

The FF changes seem to only take effect when in a race. In practice sessions not so much . Is ths intentional?

In a race the FF feels excellent!:D

Cheers.

PH

Hi all,

1st thing I noticed was that the PLR for the T 300 wheel, if copied in its entirety, unfortunately does not necessarily work properly if users have different mods installed.

Yes, definitely, you have to copy&paste out the FFB params only otherwise you'll mess with your settings. I'll see about making that step clearer in the mod.

The FF changes seem to only take effect when in a race. In practice sessions not so much . Is ths intentional?

User PLR ffb params should take effect whenever you're in the car.

You're exiting GTR2, editing the PLR and saving the file, and then starting GTR2, right? Not editing the PLR while GTR2 is running?

In a race the FF feels excellent!:D

Excellent, I love hearing that as it's always confused me how the ffb could've been so subpar for so long and yet these old simbin titles were so popular. It actually kept me away from simbin titles it was that poor on G27 and AccuForce and I only really started to enjoy these games in the last five years once I solved that problem.

Yes, definitely, you have to copy&paste out the FFB params only otherwise you'll mess with your settings. I'll see about making that step clearer in the mod.

User PLR ffb params should take effect whenever you're in the car.

You're exiting GTR2, editing the PLR and saving the file, and then starting GTR2, right? Not editing the PLR while GTR2 is running?

Excellent, I love hearing that as it's always confused me how the ffb could've been so subpar for so long and yet these old simbin titles were so popular. It actually kept me away from simbin titles it was that poor on G27 and AccuForce and I only really started to enjoy these games in the last five years once I solved that problem.
I was not editing the PLR but I was alt tab-ing out of GTR2 to change settings in the wheel properties during my first few practice session laps.

GTR2 had good 2004-5 ish FF as it was strong and steady and used a lot of centering spring. But when real-feel arrived, GTR2's FF became somwhat very dated.

Now that I have the settings OK, I will go try some practice laps and see if all is as it should be.

Love the work you guys do! Awesome!

Cheers.

PH

I was not editing the PLR but I was alt tab-ing out of GTR2 to change settings in the wheel properties during my first few practice session laps.

GTR2 had good 2004-5 ish FF as it was strong and steady and used a lot of centering spring. But when real-feel arrived, GTR2's FF became somwhat very dated.

Now that I have the settings OK, I will go try some practice laps and see if all is as it should be.

Love the work you guys do! Awesome!

Cheers.

PH
I just ran practice 1, 2, quali 1, 2, warm-up and race laps in HQ 04 At Spa.

The only session without the full FF is the 1st practice session. The FF feels like only some damper is on and nothing else. Its hard to tell which way the FF is; is it reversed? is it on? No centering force at all.

The FF is amazing in all other sessions.

Cheers.

PH

Last edited:
I just ran practice 1, 2, quali 1, 2, warm-up and race laps in HQ 04 At Spa.

The only session without the full FF is the 1st practice session. The FF feels like only some damper is on and nothing else. Its hard to tell which way the FF is; is it reversed? is it on? No centering force at all.

The FF is amazing in all other sessions.

Cheers.

PH
Presently, both my GTR2 installs and my P&G behave the same way = not full FF for 1st practice, then all OK for all other sessions ... Weird!

PH

Presently, both my GTR2 installs and my P&G behave the same way = not full FF for 1st practice, then all OK for all other sessions ... Weird!
That's so strange. I've never experienced that in all my years playing GTR2.

Is there some other change going that you can think of? Maybe in practice you're on soft tires in practice vs hard in qual/race? Do you have steering assists on? It might make it feel weird.

I don't know. I'm just trying to think of what might cause that.

Do you have wheel software that detects when you're in a race session automatically? Maybe it doesn't identify practice session correctly?

I recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 so as to install the T300 and the latest firmware updates for it and the TH8A. This has been the biggest change for this system.
The T300 has no profiler running ...
I always note that when I run P&G I end up in game with FF force set at low after I use the launcher ...

PH

I recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 so as to install the T300 and the latest firmware updates for it and the TH8A. This has been the biggest change for this system.
The T300 has no profiler running ...
I always note that when I run P&G I end up in game with FF force set at low after I use the launcher ...

PH
Hello Paul,
The culprit is the firmware 33. Install 2021_TTRS_1.exe and all is perfekt. I have the same WHeel and shifter as you.
Look in this forum for this manner.
Best regards Joseph

Hi, first apologies on my English.
Please if anyone uses csw 2.5, base controller settings. I tried plr for csl but the steering wheel shakes and jerks a lot (even while the car is standing).

Hi, first apologies on my English.
Please if anyone uses csw 2.5, base controller settings. I tried plr for csl but the steering wheel shakes and jerks a lot (even while the car is standing).
Hi,

1. Did you try one of the PLRs that was closest to you? -->

Code:
- Editions:

For exampl,e you have a belt drive so I would start with the CSL Elite or maybe the T300, T-GT, or TC-PC.

2. If those don't feel good, you can always tune them yourself. If you're feeling shaking in the wheel even while the car isn't moving it's probably that "FFB steer force exponent" in your PLR is too low. Try increasing that number. A value of 1.0 is "natural" while less than 1.0 tightens up forces around center (put another way it sacrifices strength for big bumps for detail in small bumps, and more than 1.0 loosens up forces around center to provide more strength for big bumps.

3. There are other tuning options. Try this Question&Answer / Problem&Solution list of things to try to tune those parameters:

If you tune your wheel I'll be happy to include your PLR in the next mod release.

Good luck!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back