Shivering graphics on cars HQ version

Hi,
Been fiddling with all kinds of adjustments to get best possible picture. Antialiasing etc. etc. I got rid of the flickering "lines" in the track surface, but still there is the flickering/blinking on the cars exterior. I have a Nvidia GTX-1060 6GB card. I'm running 1920x1080 res, and get some slight jaggis on the white track outside lines also. I guess the latter is caused by relatively low resolution (HD), but the flickering is a bit annoying for the eyes. I'm running th sim on a TV with gaming input and 60hz VSync on. I want VSync on in a possible solution. Just my preferance. Anyone who has an idea of how to solve this?

Sample clip here :

Last edited:
60hz for a tv is not great if you are flicker sensitive. I own an old sony bravia with 100hz panel + flow motion + Xreality Pro and I clearly see the difference with 60hz tv. A friend of mine has got a high end tv sony 200hz and image is even better. The more hz you have the better it is.
Moreover be kind on sharpness (or equivalent function) because more sharp means more jaggies sensitive : in your case smoothing lines seems a better option.
Forgot that there is a gaming mode on some tv and this mode can make image over bright/colored with lot of flickering : this was the case on a samsung I had.
Plus, most of TVs have higher latency (most are above 20ms) than pc monitors (8ms for the worst) and I don't speak about gaming monitors below 2ms so in the end I recommend a dedicated pc monitor as your image will be better.

60hz for a tv is not great if you are flicker sensitive. I own an old sony bravia with 100hz panel + flow motion + Xreality Pro and I clearly see the difference with 60hz tv. A friend of mine has got a high end tv sony 200hz and image is even better. The more hz you have the better it is.
Moreover be kind on sharpness (or equivalent function) because more sharp means more jaggies sensitive : in your case smoothing lines seems a better option.
Forgot that there is a gaming mode on some tv and this mode can make image over bright/colored with lot of flickering : this was the case on a samsung I had.
Plus, most of TVs have higher latency (most are above 20ms) than pc monitors (8ms for the worst) and I don't speak about gaming monitors below 2ms so in the end I recommend a dedicated pc monitor as your image will be better.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, i thought more that it could be the Tv. It's also a Samsung and not that expensive. It can do max 60 Hz also at 1080p. Anyway i got another thing i dont find a solution for. I feel i get a better picture overall regarding antialiasing and jaggies, when i use Windowed mode. I manage to get that work on my other PC in the livingroom. Better TV. But i cant get Windowed mode to work on this PC. I've tried all kinds of configuration options, but no luck. Manual editing also in Config.ini. No luck either in Race 07 or GTR 2.

Last edited:
You might try the Windowed mode which is included in @Retrolux Reshade.
That's working fine for me as I need it in GTR2 in order to be able to use my personal Simhub Dashboard on the main screen as I have for the moment no opportunity to have another screen in my rig ( truly said I find a smartphone screen too little or badly placed )

NB: I don't use Reshade for now but I kept his Windowed mode. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%