Shifting

Magic43

"Drive it, like you stole it."
I have a problem: Sometimes i can shift (manuell) and sometimes not. That happens on different cars and tracks. I tried to some laps with the Merc 190 on Thruxton but no shifting possible. If i use the automatic shifting then i works but thats no solution of course. Dont like the auto shifting. Has anyone an idea what can be the reason? Thx in advance.

Cheers Rolf

Make sure you are using Pro assists (is in the summary tab where you see the car and track selected). Maybe your assists change when you change controller input, so go to Options - General and disable "modify assists based on controller type".
Also, what is your wheel?

So you solved it? If not, delete controls.ini from /documents/assetto corsa/cfg, and now open the game and load the g25+shifter preset. See if you can use the h-shifter for manual cars and paddles for semi-automatic cars (the car can have paddles and sequential stick). So try again the mercedes evo2. Sometimes when you are in hotlap mode and you restart the session, you can't change gears for a few seconds, I think is a bug, but it quickly goes away and you should be able to shift normally.

Ok i did all what you suggested me and it works but only with the paddles. Can't use the shifter but i'm happy i can race. Don't know why the shifter not works anymore. Big thx mate :thumbsup:

Open logitech profiler and engage any gear, see if shows anything on profiler screen when you select a button when you change to a gear from the h-shifter. Make sure everything is well connected at back of the wheel.
You may want to check the calibration in control panel, devices, g27 properties.

Be sure to pick the g25 without shifter in the controller setup in game. If you select with shifter it will use your h shifter automatically when the car has it :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%