F1 2013 Shifting and look back... issue

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a Fanatec Elite wheel and Clubsport pedals... I have assigned the shift up and down to the paddles, but everytime I shift up or down, it looks back at the same time.... which causes me lose sight of apexes and opponents.
Any help would be appreciated and is anyone else having an issue?

Thx Budman

Apart from the possibility that there is a fault with your wheel, or in any Fanatec Profiling software you may be using.

You could try editing the wheel's actionmap XML file. I am not familiar with your wheel and don't know which actiionmap it uses, so you COULD edit all 3 (Fanatecs), after all your are not using the other 2.

Below I am will show you how to unmap the default key for looking back, in the hope that will stop the apparent fault.

Browse to your install folder f12013/Actionmap.

YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f12013\actionmap

You can select each of these 3 files, copy and paste them back into the same folder to give you backup copies, or copy them elsewhere if you wish

Open these files with decent text editor, I much prefer Notepad++ found here

Fanatec Club Sports Wheel

Open the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel.xml file

Look for :-

Code:
  <Action actionName="Look Back">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button1" deviceName="0eb7038e" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

Change to :-

Code:
    <Axis axisName="unmapped" deviceName="0eb7038e" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

Save the file, ensuring it is saves with the same name and as a .xml file. do the same for the following files also.

Fanatec CSR Wheel

Open the Fanatec CSR Wheel.xml file

Code:
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button5" deviceName="0eb70011" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

Code:
    <Axis axisName="unmapped" deviceName="0eb70011" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

Fanatec Porsche Wheel

Open the Fanatec Porsche Wheel.xml file

Code:
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_button5" deviceName="0eb70197" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

Code:
    <Axis axisName="unmapped" deviceName="0eb70197" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

After this is done, and all files saved. It is time to load the game.

To force the game to re-read the newly edited actionmap file, you must start the game with your keyboard. Whenever you see 'Press Start Button' use your 'Enter Key'.

Go to your wheels settings, personally I select keyboard as the controller, then re-select the wheel. Any additional mappings you have done to the keys/buttons will have to be done again, You also will have to set the saturation, linearity etc. settings to how you had them before. The FFB will not have changed.

Hopefully you will now be good to go ......... assuming you don't have a faulty wheel, or incorrectly set software profiles.

I know this is long-winded, but if you actually KNOW what actionmap file the wheel uses, then you just need to try editing that one file ......

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Yeah, when I wrote the above, I did assume that the basic checks were done in game.

Usually you cannot map 2 things to the same key via the in game settings. You have to do it in the actionmap (and it will show in game).

A typical use of double mapping, is look to apex mods. Where the steering axis is ALSO applied to the look left/right action, so your head moves with your wheel. Just the saturation needs adjusting to taste :)

I appreciate the responses guys.. What I should have put in the original post was that I'm on X-Box 360. My bad there. Thanks for the detailed explanation Graham, you do an excellent job here, very informative. If you have any insight about the X-Box 360... I'd like to hear it.
Thanks guys... Budman

You mean I over-cooked the cabbage (part of my Sunday dinner) for nothing? :p

Sorry, I have no insight into any of the consoles .... :)

My choice would be, buy/borrow a 50-Cal Sniper Rifle, place the XBox on a rock 1000m away, target it 'insight' ...... squeeze the trigger ... haha ;):whistling:

I appreciate the responses guys.. What I should have put in the original post was that I'm on X-Box 360. My bad there. Thanks for the detailed explanation Graham, you do an excellent job here, very informative. If you have any insight about the X-Box 360... I'd like to hear it.
Thanks guys... Budman

You've got auto clutch on, Fanatec wheel settings scroll down to the last setting after springs and drift setting and switch ACL off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back