Shifter/handbrake input issues.

Lately Ive had alot of issues with my sequential shifter and handbrake in game.
Gear is:
Thtrustmaster TS-PC
TH8A shifter
T3pa pedals
Dimsim handbrake
Dimsim seq shifter.
I bind everything correct, I use the paddels as main shifter and sequential as secondary.
But in game secondary shifter does not work. Keyboard bindings are required in addition to secondary shifter, and they work in game. The shifter is working in other games.
Sometimes when I pull the handbrake it clears all other binding. Stering is dead. I need to re-bind everything and it works, but happens again if I use the handbrake. Some times this is also the case with the seq shifter. The different USB inputs are cause havoc.
If I want to use the seq shifter I have to unbind the paddel shifters and use seq as primary shifter. Sometimes even that doesnt work. Seems to be abit random and I can figure out what the root issue is.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Try to move things around on the USB ports, and USB hubs if any. If no hubs are involved try one. Sometimes they calm USB devices down to actually work.

I don't know what you are trying to say with "The different USB inputs are cause havoc.". Maybe you are already on the right track.

Try to move things around on the USB ports, and USB hubs if any. If no hubs are involved try one. Sometimes they calm USB devices down to actually work.

I don't know what you are trying to say with "The different USB inputs are cause havoc.". Maybe you are already on the right track.

Ive tried to moved all devises from the USB hub directly to the computer, no difference.
I dont know if assetto has a limit on how many USB devices can work in-game.
When I use the handbrake all commands from the wheel stop working FFB, buttons and pedals. They all go through one usb cable. All devices work in the menues, but not in-game.
Whats even more strange is that Ive never had this problem before. Have always been able to use wheel, pedals, H shifter, seq shifter, handbrake, keyboard and mouse at the same time.
I am tempted to reinstall the game. But then I have to reinstall all the mods to :S

Btw, I am using content manager, if that makes a differense.

I am sure that I had more controllers connected and recognized by the launcher when I had lots of flight gear connected. Didn't see any problems.

I think it is worth a try to use AC's own launcher (move away a few high-skin-count cars if it hangs at loading). The games takes all controller config from the launcher, so maybe something is wedged in CM.

Do you reload your controller's preset in CM ?
I already experienced this problem a few times with 3 USB controllers: Logitech G27 ( with its shifter still present only to keep buttons working ) + TH8 + CSP V2.

What happens sometimes is that wheel and buttons are working but not the pedals or the H-shifter.
Simply leaving track and reloading the saved preset in CM allows to solve the problem.

I'm kind of fighting with the same issue. On cars like GT2, where they have sequential stick, I'd like to assign the Fanatec shifer (in seq mode) and the paddles at the same time. That doesn't seem to be possible?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%