Shield pedal cables from EMI?

stigs2cousin

Premium
Hello Guys and Ladies of course;)

i´m planing to build a cockpit with buttons and rotary encoders for my rig.
The Leobodnar board for that is already ordered.

At the same time i want to get rid of the Thrustmaster pedal management through the wheel base because its giving me trouble lately.
The Bodnar board has enough analog inputs for the pedals and the handbrake.

But i´m a bit worried about the long cables from the pedals to the board which will be close to the wheel base.
Is there an easy way to shield these cables or is it enough to route them IN the slots of the aluminium profile?

I´m in no way electronically enclined so there may be an easy way i have not heard of.

Thank you in advance

MFG Carsten

Hello Guys and Ladies of course;)

i´m planing to build a cockpit with buttons and rotary encoders for my rig.
The Leobodnar board for that is already ordered.

At the same time i want to get rid of the Thrustmaster pedal management through the wheel base because its giving me trouble lately.
The Bodnar board has enough analog inputs for the pedals and the handbrake.

But i´m a bit worried about the long cables from the pedals to the board which will be close to the wheel base.
Is there an easy way to shield these cables or is it enough to route them IN the slots of the aluminium profile?

I´m in no way electronically enclined so there may be an easy way i have not heard of.

Thank you in advance

MFG Carsten
I wouldn't be too worried about EMI issues with a relatively weak/low powered Thrustmaster wheel. We mostly see EMI issues with OSW's since these generally do not have proper grounding and/or shielding, unlike other DD's such as the Simucube 2.
Anyway, if you do experience issues, there are grounding pins on the bodnar board you can use. Simply connect one of them to the grounding point on for example, your computer's power supply.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Most problems come from bad grounding, not EMI, but for EMI you can probably look into ferrite chokes.
Doubt though you will see any issues with Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
It's highly unlikely you'll need shielding, as we're not talking about delicate signals resp. levels, but a DC level of 3.3V (Thrustmaster) or 5V (assumed usage of the USB power level on the Bodnar board)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back