Shelby Tribute @ Road Atlanta 70 - Tue 29th May 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Default GTC65: Shelby GT350 / AC Cobra 427
Track: Road Atlanta 1970 ( download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (14 laps)

Note1: Default Cars & Skins Only ( Default list )
Note2: Race 1 - GT350 // Race 2 - Cobra 427
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Tim Ling
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Peter van Zanten
  7. Ian Strom
  8. Rupe Wilson
  9. Paul M Jones
  10. Carlos Diaz
  11. Sean Armstrong
  12. Andreas Scholz
  13. Jack Smith
  14. David Cuthill
  15. Warren Dawes
  16. Neil Gault
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver

4 th Race in cockpit view ,last time I mention this because it will stay that way !:thumbsup:

Race 1 ,fumble up in Q so last place on the grid,had a dissent start an must have scared Ian sorry, lost it of course in the first corner, on my way found Rupe an Sean in trouble but it took Rupe 2 laps to catch me than a nice full flip in T1an Sean going by,Andreas out so p14,Sean go of in the last corner P13 fore the rest of the race!
Nice fight between Knut an Neil, sounded like one car ! (Stereo Muscle! )

Race 2, Start from P13 good start ,half way the first lap p9 because of the carnage,but it last until the fast guys get there grip back,having Rupe on my tail past me easy try to hold on but a mistake eating some grass p11 ,after to many slip offs get passed by Tim an Eck, they were fighting each other,both of in the last corner Tim left, Eck to the right an me between Eck an the fence must have scared Eck lol, then the front runners blasting by ( I misses my Blue light ? when I get passed !)
Fin on p11.
Great fun all do I misses a lot of speed with these cars :(

Thanks Stu,nice Tribute ! Grats to the podiums,thanks all guys for racing an a:thumbsup: for Jack great race tonight !!

Not really a proper tribute for me, as I don't think mr. Shelby would have been very proud of my performance yesterday..:D

Started R1 in 7th, got up to 4th by turn 1 following Stuart, Carlos and David until after a few laps both red Shelby's had a slowdown, so I found myself chasing Carlos for the lead for a number of laps until just about halfway I suddenly locked up under braking at the end of the straight and collected Carlos on my way off:(:(. I'm really sorry for that, felt like a bottom to use Eck's words..:redface:. We continued in 7th and 8th and had some fun with Rupe and Peter until I made the same mistake once more at the end.

In the Cobra, it took me 6 attempts in practice to even set a (slow) timed lap, and some 4 more tries to set another, fast, one so no surprise I ballsed up Q2 and ended up on my roof over the fence.
Starting R2 from the back we indeed had an entertaining view of all that was happening in front in the opening laps.. Got from 15th to 7th and back to 13th and then up to 7th again, all because of people making even more mistakes than I did:laugh:. After a traveling around with Warren for a while I found myself on a lonely piece of the track, until I was given 5th because of another accident in front. Made my share of mistakes near the end as well, so I had to come into pits on lap 13 for a SnG penalty and finished the race there, dropping from 5th to around 10th I think..:cool:

Grats to both podiums, and to @Sean Armstrong for completing his first and @Andreas Scholz for his 2nd event; you did not really pick an easy one for a debut:D

To me this event made it a lot more clear that I am not that good at driving Muscle as maybe I thought I was:roflmao::laugh:, but @Jack Smith is:thumbsup:, nonetheless hope to see you all on track again soon!

Aw Thank you for the Grats. It was fun. I'll absolutely be joining all of you again soon :).

Well, one of my (as far as I remember) worst races ever, but without points to be given I didn't cry too much in bed;)

Race 1 should have been my better one. I really had a feel for the Mustang and could throw it around easily hehe!
But on tuesday I had my problems to prevent me from doing mistakes. So I had a poor Q run, but didn't mind (7th or so).
Race start was nice, I could pass a few guys and made my way to the front. The lap times I could do were better than what I had expected. I just wondered, why I could do so well compared to the others...
...I had forgotten to fill up again after qualifying! So after three laps the fun had to be over. I pitted and wanted to rejoin, but I couldn't operate the pit stop menu (I had not assigned the neccessary keys for it). And ESC directly put me out, rejoining was impossible.
What a shame, those three laps have been huge fun:cry:

Race 2 (to come back to my first sentence) was a complete disaster! I never felt comfortable with the Cobra anyway, didn't manage my Q lap, didn't start properly, hit fellow racers myself /was hit by other cars in the "double-hairpin" (very sorry for all I blocked, but I really had nowhere to go:confused: ) etc etc...
The car was messed up after the first lap, but it was my driving that put me out of the track for I think five or six times:unsure:
I lost my rhythm and just tried to ruin noones race.

Grats to everyone who tamed that beast! Awesome lap times at front, and nice and clean but hard battles in the rest of the field. I'm really looking forward to the next club meetings:laugh: Thanks ALL!!!

Sorry I can't remember everyones incidents or finishing positions, how do you remind all that?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%