Shelby GT350 VS Ferrari 250 SWB @ Bridgehampton - Tuesday July 6th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

gt350vs250swb.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Shelby GT350 VS Ferrari 250 SWB (Download HERE)
Track: Bridgehampton (Download HERE)
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

MY Setups:

Attachments

• CD250.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 266
  • CDGT350.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 220
Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz - GT350
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito - 250SWB
  3. Stuart Thomson - GT350
  4. Jack Smith - 250SWB
  5. Tim Ling - GT350
  6. Bob Hutchins - 250SWB
  7. Hans Sneep - GT350
  8. Stefan Beemsterboer - 250SWB
  9. Eck Simpson - GT350
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver

I really like this track, I remember a couple of cracking races round here last year, it really flowed nicely.

IIRC, the Falcons held sway over the Mustangs in the TC65 event, and my Elan was able to take advantage of some 904 instability.

I recently renewed my acquaintance with the 250 as well, and I applied my more recent setup philosophy to it, and its kind of transformed it for me. Yes I know the steering is heavy, but it feels really good and predictable now. Not sure whether its undergone a similar makeover to the DB4, but it now reminds me of the best bits of the DB4 & the 275 :good:

Don't be selfish with your set-ups then Stuart ;)

*EDIT* Forgot to say please!

When the readme says "this track is known for being bumpy", it's not wrong. On one off track excursion caused by a bump, I passed a DC10 on my way back down!

i could make a connection to the lobby-server and registrated myself.
When a want to practise, i couldn't because all cars and tracks where locked. I did find a unlock-file and installed this one, but now i can't get connected anymore to the server.....or is the server down?

Question; can this file "TG2001.DYN" cause any problems?

No, that's just the unlocking file. We all use that without issue.

There's no RD GTL server running currently. I've noticed someone else using "RD" in their server names, but that is not one of ours.

The server for tomorrow night's event will go up tonight.

i've made it work again. So i will join in for sure.

hopefully i improve my driving a bit more. I slide all the way, especally the first corner is hard to take. But that's the fun of it!
i'll not be the fastest man on the track, i just want to save my ferrari (and other cars) for more events :wink:

c 'u tonight.

Where do i find the "vehicle.spt" file for MoTeC? the carsetups in this topic are useless for me...i can't even drive a straight-line........thanks anyway...:redface:

To be fair, Bridge is really, really bumpy & slidey, and so are both of the cars :D So you won't be on your own :good:

I can't help with the MOTEC, unfort, as I only use XD.

I'll push you up to definite.

Just one thing - the event is tomorrow night (6th July), not tonight. - just making sure.

I have to admit, I'm not feeling happy about driving this circuit. In an hour of practice I've spent more time off the track than on it :( I'll try racing, but I may end up rage quitting :eek:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%