Shelby cobra Setup Help Please

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Hey all. I am looking for some setup tips, driving tips or other way to avoid instant death in the Kunos Shelby Cobra in AC. This is possibly the most difficult and unstable car I have driven in AC, and I am totally lost in trying to set it up. It meanders all over the place in the straight, and seems to have virtually no brakes.

Can anyone offer any help please?

It's been a long time since I did any driving but I'm guessing this was the setup I used for the Cobra if you want to give it a try. I just had a look and it seems tyre pressures are set for a specific circuit so you could just meet them in the middle if you want to even them out (currently uneven.) The setup might not work for you though, a friend of mine who is very similar pace to myself hated my Cobra setup, he thought it was way too oversteery IIRC.

In terms of driving you just need to modulate the throttle combined with countersteer out of corners. The brakes aren't the best but as long as you arent having any major lock up issues then it is what it is, just brake at what ever point you need to to consistently make the apex. If it is constantly locking up under braking then you can play with brake bias, pressure and technique.

I seem to remember Kunos updated something to do with the sidewall of the tyres on the Cobra and initially I felt like the car was wandering around on the straights as you described but it was either dialed out in the setup or something you just get used to over time :D

Attachments

• last.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 300

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years