cobra_goodwood_3.jpg

"Vintage vintage on the wall,
who's feelin' the drop-top squall?"

Server: #2
Max servers: 1
Max number of participants: 18
Cars: Shelby Cobra S1, Shelby Cobra S/C
Cars download: click here (0.5)
If you like these cars, give the_meco a shoutout here!
Track: Goodwood
Track download: click here (v.0.9.1)
If you like this track, give Tiago Lima a shoutout here!

Booking: 18:00 GMT Pickup mode: server ready close to 19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT
Race: 19:45 GMT
Race distance: 25 laps
Estimated end of event: 20:30 GMT

Participation requires a license: click here
Racing Club rules and License info: click here
Teamspeak password:
click here
Teamspeak installation guide: click here

Notes
(revamped - "less fluff, more stuff")

This event
  • Time of day will be set at 14:30h.
  • Standing Start for the race.
  • This event has a minimal number of 5 participants to take place.
  • Disabled grip dynamics.
  • Penalties will be disabled during this event.
  • Password will be made available to any licensed driver who expresses interest in this thread. New participants will not be accepted after 19:40 GMT, just before race start.
In general
  • Server will be up, close to or at 19:00 GMT.
  • Booking starts at 18:00 GMT.[/S]
  • Sign out before 17:30 GMT, if you don't know for certain you can participate in this event or can't book in time.
  • Passwords are sent via private message before or at 18:00 GMT.
  • Mechanical damage set to 0%.
  • Tyre wear & degradation set to 100%.
  • Fuel consumption set to 100%.
  • Flash your lights to inform slower cars they are about to be lapped and/or call out on teamspeak.
  • Make a new post for a better overview, if you do need to sign out.
  • It is strongly encouraged to be present in teamspeak.
  • To ensure a level playing field, set the ambient temperature to the default 26°C - example.
  • Check & load up your Race-setup after Qualifying.
  • For custom car liveries click here.
  • For car setups click here.
  • If anything goes wrong with the server, please leave here a message immediately.
  • Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience - this is not a league race. It's not about the results, it is meant to be fun.
  • Priority access: if the number of sign-ups exceeds the max number of participants, premium members are going to be given priority access for this event.
  • If you haven't already: buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for € 29,99.

Entry list

not applicable

Last edited:
I am in. Georg! You must have read my mind, I have been romping around some tracks over the last few days getting familiar with this fun and wonderful machine. Quite a handful if your wheel settings are not right for it.

Hope i can make it on time, Cobra is such a great car to ride and this track suits her perfectly with no sharp turns. @Georg Siebert , why no penalties and grip dynamics? Greens around this track should not be mowed without a penalty.
  • Both grip dynamics and the slowdown/ loss of car control during the 5 second penalty impair / remove the control of the car from the driver.
  • This car is difficult to handle, all during braking, steering and accelerating. On this track, drivers need to be in full control of their vehicle at all times, especially during the high speed corners at Goodwood (T2, before T7), where the Cobra is inherently unstable.
  • This track doesn't have any opportunities, where it would be reasonable to cut corners. I won't give you any tips where exactly to do that, but doing so, drivers will loose control of the Cobra while driving over the grass. Corner cutting is with this combo more detrimental and risky than it to have any tangible benefit in lap time or fight for position.
  • Lower track grip or dynamic track grip will require drivers to adapt their driving to the conditions currently at hand. This is risky while driving the Cobra, because it requires delicate and precise inputs, both with steering and pedals. If drivers want to prepare for enabled grip dynamics offline with 96, 98 or 100% grip, it will be inherently different during the event itself, if grip dynamics where to be enabled. This will once again change the car behaviour and make an already difficult combo to handle even more difficult.
  • If drivers exploit the omission of penalties during this event and deliberately cut the track, they will be reported and endanger thereby their racing license being taken away for a time.

Last edited:
I'm in, hoping for at least two more (since Georg will help us fill the fifth spot, right?).

Edit 1:
@Marjan Koderman, samo za licenco zaprosi in to je to. Potem pa se lahko udeležiš vseh teh vsakodnevnih RD dogodkov, Premium si pa itak že.

Edit 2:
@Georg Siebert, could we make it an open race with no booking required? I know it's against the rules, but it would be a shame for this event to go by.

mod-edit:
i) consolidated for you, please keep the forum tidy
ii) As you sure know, we speak English here, clear things with Marjan via PM and attach a translation to Edit #1

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] (since Georg will help us fill the fifth spot, right?).
I didn't plan to race tonight, will see about that.

@Georg Siebert, could we make it an open race with no booking required? I know it's against the rules, but it would be a shame for this event to go by.
Edwin is looking forward to race tonight as well.
I can see to prebook you both and set the server in general pickup mode with
Qually start: 19:00 gmt
45 min qually
25 laps racelenght

We even can get started sooner, if you wish and there will be no minimum driver requirement. Let's do this then pure for the enjoyment of driving.

-------------
@Edwin Collingridge
added event info in this post via request

Is this on? Also, it's 7PM here now, is that equal to 5PM GMT? Don't want to miss another race because of the time difference... :)

If I don't download the skins, I'll just see you in the wrong livery, right?

Edit: nevermind, downloaded it - they're too good to pass up! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%