Shelby 350 @ Watkins Glen GP- 15th June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Hi Guys!
Another GTL event, but something rather different. We move to the US and of course we have to experience some American Power machines.

American Muscle

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Sunday 15th of June 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Shelby 350
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Watkins Glen GP v1.1 (Here)
Password: Here (*Oops, this link is actually Watkins Glen, not GP)

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
Race: 20:30, 30 lap race (** Please note change in number of laps)

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: One mandatory (For hints on a bugfree pitstop see Warren's post here)
In-game start time: 1100

Signups
1 Traumatic
2 Simon Bacon
3 Warren Dawes
4 Wee_Eck
5 Jerome Benard
6 Broxman
7 Hansje
9 Hans Sneep
10 Hansje
11 evo 9
12 Cristian Haba

Reserves

Qualified second behind christian which i thought was going to be a pole time

had a good race until the pit stops, I read the fuel amount wrong i put in 10 litres not 10 laps i did this twice and then i got a stop go for speeding in the pit lane even though the pits were automatic for me. I was getting nagged by my mum so i'll blame it on her.:)

Hit someone which was blocking the road in front of me...sorry but I could not avoid a collision :)
Think it was Broxman ??

Place six, so last place...had a bad Pit-stop, and a STOP and GO !!
Strange because my pitlimiter was working !!??

Anyway, it was fun again..those GTL races are always fun :jumping:

Congrats to the winner, see you next time all....THANKS ALL :alla:

Hans ;)

• Jerome Benard

Very nice race for me. Qualy i think i was 6°.

I make a prudent beggining to learn more the track, and i progress and came back to Simon, i make pressure on him and he spin at the last corner, i pass and i manage to catch Warren 6 second before.:)

I came back at 4 second when he make his pit, and i decide to pit the lap after. I exit just before him and manage to finish at this place.

I finish 2°.:thumb:

Thanks all see you for the next GTL event:disco:

Another enjoyable GTL drive for me, I just love driving these cars, so much more enjoyable.
Well, we all went across the pond to the USA to challenge the local Yanks in their backyard, but none turned up. :(

Qualy was ok for me, a PB of 1.31.012 but Cristian and Ben were battling well for pole. P3 was good for me.

Race was pretty lonely after the start as we all spread out a bit (around me anyway) but I ran steadily in P4 trying to conserve the tyres. Mid race I moved to P3 so someone had done their pitstop early. Not long after my pitstop (without a tyre change), I came across Jerome exiting the pits in front and just when I thought we might have a great battle for P2, I hit the gas too quick on my worn tyres and spun it, damn :homer: . Eventually finished P3 but had fun following Hansje for the last few laps and he was pushing along quite fast too. Well done Hansje, you were pretty quick, have you been practicing or just love these American tanks.

Grats to Cristian who ran away with it and to Jerome for another great drive to take second. :thumb:

See you all at our next GTL meet. :jumping:

Very nice racing with you fellas again:thumb: Qualified 4th, didn't have the best of starts and was trundling along in 5th. Put under some serious pressure from Jerome until I cracked!! Just about managed to keep it together and began the long slog to the finish. As occurs in every GTL race I've been in, I PB'd in the race, had fun throwing the car around with no-one within miles of me and then suddenly I notice my pitboard says the car in front is 5secs way, then 4, then 3! Turned out to be Warren and try as I might I wasn't going to catch him. Limped over the line 4th with shredded tyres and an empty fuel tank.
Great fun again and big thumbs up to Hans Sneep for allowing me past so cleanly towards the end:alla: Cheers Boss.

Another enjoyable GTL drive for me, I just love driving these cars, so much more enjoyable.
Well, we all went across the pond to the USA to challenge the local Yanks in their backyard, but none turned up. :(

Qualy was ok for me, a PB of 1.31.012 but Cristian and Ben were battling well for pole. P3 was good for me.

Race was pretty lonely after the start as we all spread out a bit (around me anyway) but I ran steadily in P4 trying to conserve the tyres. Mid race I moved to P3 so someone had done their pitstop early. Not long after my pitstop (without a tyre change), I came across Jerome exiting the pits in front and just when I thought we might have a great battle for P2, I hit the gas too quick on my worn tyres and spun it, damn :homer: . Eventually finished P3 but had fun following Hansje for the last few laps and he was pushing along quite fast too. Well done Hansje, you were pretty quick, have you been practicing or just love these American tanks.

Grats to Cristian who ran away with it and to Jerome for another great drive to take second. :thumb:

See you all at our next GTL meet. :jumping:
Don't think I really ran away with it until the end. I got a decent start off the line and kept the lead, but Ben was sticking with me pretty well. There was a 3 second gap between us for the first 10ish laps. I gotta say I didn't really experience tire wear till the latter part of 17-18 laps. My pit strategy was at around 20. I thought I was pushing from the start, but at around lap 11-13 I felt like I just hit the afterburners and was hitting apexes really well.

Funny thing is I set the fastest lap of 1:29.8xx at around lap 5 with 40ish litres of fuel. I did the same time around 4 or 5 more times during the race and I DID spin at turn 1 once, but that was after Ben's second pitstop.

It was pretty lonely up there, despite that I had loads of fun.

Thanks again for the race guys, congrats to everyone.

Don't worry for me Hansje, it was my fault as after the first corner in the third lap i went into the grass and the car started oversteering so i couldn't avoid to cross the track. After the accident, i was able to race but i was discalified because i got a stop and go for starting too early and i forgot to do it... I have to practise more...:brancard:

it could have been a good race for me. qualified 4th and in the start got up to 3rd. had a very good battle with 2nd place traumatic and the gap was closing into 1 sec between us. then on lap 15 went together with the 2nd place driver to the pits .after pitting i pressed the speed limiter button too early and then got a stop and go. didnt come in on time and got dq. pitty it could have been a good finish to the race and the two leaders were driving like hell:circuitzolder:
gentelmen may i suggest there will be no pit stops next time let the race be decided on track and not in the pits; it's not f1 u know:) grats to the winner

Nice words Warren, thanks :thumb:

To be honest, these tanks are not my favourite...like the little cars a bit more, like the mini for instance :D

Did not practice that much, on saturday a few laps...and practised that pit-stop !!

Did you know I didn't race that much online over the years...always busy helping people (RSC-forum) and made all those links/guides :)
Tweaked to much (system/sims) to get the most out of my games and PC/systems, forgot to race !!!!!

NICE PICS !!!! ...Boxman was flying, is that allowed ?? :)

Hans ;)

Dit my PB in qualif. 1.32.8xx -7 't starttime, stopt Quli. about 2 min fore thee end to make the race setup go to the start line and found my self in 9't place??
Start went well get a moment to avoid Broxman hit the grass but keep the car
strait and stay 8 until the pitstop in lap 18, game out in 6 place? after Hansje
good not keep up with him (spinout) and 2 laps later was in 5 place? (Hansje S/G bugger) endit the race in 5't place and had a lot of fun.
Nice racing Guys.

Nice Pics Warren

Fore Hansje:I make use of your website many times to get the info I needed for
every new simgame I had,started with GPL in 2004. Therefor my Compliments.

See you All on Zolder

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%