Shelby 350 @ Watkins Glen GP- 15th June 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium
Hi Guys!
Another GTL event, but something rather different. We move to the US and of course we have to experience some American Power machines.

American Muscle

Event details
Game: GT Legends
Date: Sunday 15th of June 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Shelby 350
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Watkins Glen GP v1.1 (Here)
Password: Here (*Oops, this link is actually Watkins Glen, not GP)

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 19:30, 30 mins
Qualifying: 20:00, 30 mins
Race: 20:30, 30 lap race (** Please note change in number of laps)

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: One mandatory (For hints on a bugfree pitstop see Warren's post here)
In-game start time: 1100

Signups
1 Traumatic
2 Simon Bacon
3 Warren Dawes
4 Wee_Eck
5 Jerome Benard
6 Broxman
7 Hansje
9 Hans Sneep
10 Hansje
11 evo 9
12 Cristian Haba

Reserves

View attachment Watkins Glen_080608_2352 HOT LAP.Vcr

View attachment Chris GT350.svm
First thing first, a replay(not shore witch wan) and a setup from Chris ?

Get mail today my new copy is sent ,so ma by its here on Saturday???

About the track I follow't the link above and there is only one layout so that must be correct.
About the car, I am a little bit better with the Big cars then with the small cars.
Second with the Pantera behind Warren..
About driving, use the bottom power of the engine (there is a lot of it) and try to get one gear higher in the corners, so when you go on the power your not breaking out,and use short shift when needed.

But what do I no?I only playing a round with somme sing I like very much to do and age is not that importend.
Went skying 1 year ago for the first time of my live and loved it.
Get a Race experience on Zandvoort for my 60 birthday from my kids and I loved it. So what the *** with age...

Greats Hans hope to see you on Sunday

pff that was long...

Oops! Looks like I made a big mistake and provided the wrong link. I was in such a rush to set up a couple of events before I went to Malaysia, I linked to the wrong one. The link listed is for a very old version, and the one I wanted (and had been testing) was a later version which included all three Watkins Glen layouts.

It is here:
NoGrip :: GT Legends Downloads - Watkins Glen

Since it was my mistake, I guess we'll have to stick to the one I linked originally (the one in the sign up post) , but the newer one is great. :(

Oh well, I can start my testing all over again, sorry for my big boo boo. :o:o

Well, sadly it has to be the first link included in the sign up post, since I assume others have already started practicing on that one.

Pity, the newer one is much better, and doesn't have the disappear over the walls problem.

But it was my mistake, so lets stay with the one in the sign up post.

Please note: Change to number of laps.

Due to my mistake in tracks (senior moment :homer: ), we will have to increase the number of laps to compensate for the reduced lap times. I setup the event laps for the longer Watkins Glen GP track.

New number of laps will be 30 instead of original 20.

Top post (sign up) has been edited).

BTW: My first couple of test laps on this track were 1.33's, so I'm not as slow as I had thought. I much prefer the newer version of the tracks though. :rolleyes:

OK I AM IN SUNDAY....

My new copy arrived today, so I have to reinstall the game? Because of the CD Key and the Online key ??

Question, I will keep my own things, My complete championship and the things I have made my self
I now most of these sings but not all.
Can somebody give me a bit of help on how to??

Hans

OK I AM IN SUNDAY....

My new copy arrived today, so I have to reinstall the game? Because of the CD Key and the Online key ??

Question, I will keep my own things, My complete championship and the things I have made my self
I now most of these sings but not all.
Can somebody give me a bit of help on how to??

Hans

I'm not totally sure about all of your questions but I'll try to help.

I'm pretty sure you will have to reinstall. You may be able to copy all of your Championship stuff and save it before you remove your old installation. I think you may even be able to rename your existing GTL install and it might work, or at least it retains your Champ stuff for copying to the new install.

If you need to ensure you can access all of the cars, there is a very simple cheat available that gives you heaps of $ and unlocks all cars.
Look here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/1368-how-unlock-all-cars.html

Good luck with the new install, look forward to seeing you at Watkins Glen.

A tip for all participants in this event. I recommend you do a couple of practice pit-stops as it seems to me that this track is a bit out (and fussy) about where you park your car. Don't go right over to the white box, stay fairly close to the pit man or the pit board doesn't come up. If it doesn't come up. try reversing and repositioning the car. You seem to need to go very close to where the pit guy is pointing, even though it appears too far away from the pit box.

I'm not totally sure about all of your questions but I'll try to help.

I'm pretty sure you will have to reinstall. You may be able to copy all of your Championship stuff and save it before you remove your old installation. I think you may even be able to rename your existing GTL install and it might work, or at least it retains your Champ stuff for copying to the new install.

If you need to ensure you can access all of the cars, there is a very simple cheat available that gives you heaps of $ and unlocks all cars.
Look here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/1368-how-unlock-all-cars.html

Good luck with the new install, look forward to seeing you at Watkins Glen.

Thanks Warren,I have copy everything delete after that GPL and reinstall GPL ,started up, new CD key ,closed - put in the prog. update, started again
works OK, put back my user files and Game files and I have everything back,
tweak a little bit, started multiplayer and go online ( no new online key needed) a few laps on the server and all works ok time 1.30 pffff...

Thanks again Hans

ps The Porch spyder LMP2 with Jos Verstappen is NO 1- 9 laps ahead

ps 2 Jos Verstappen-Jeroen Bleekemolen-Peter van Merkenstein dit win the LMP2 class and 10't Overall....

See you tonight ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline