Share your wheel Rotation/Angle - Steer Lock.

Hello!
I am trying to find a good settings for the GT3 cars in terms of wheel rotaion.
With a settings of 900 the cars is really slow turning, and with settings of 360 the porshe is hard to control :p

So I wonder what settings do you all use in this game and what type of wheel base and rim you all uses?
This is my current setup:

Wheelbase: Thrustmaster TX.
Rim: Ferrari F1 Wheel.
Rotation in TM program: 360.
Steer lock settings in game: 360.

I think the best way you can go about it is to set your TX to it's maximum rotation (900, I think) and also set 900 in game.

From there, adjust the steering responsiveness of each car by altering 'steer ratio' in the vehicle setup. Use a higher value to make the steering less sensitive (works well to help tame the Porsche) and a lower number if you want a more snappy feeling (most other cars).

Hope that helps :)

I use 540 its a fairly popular setting among many sim racers, when it comes to any game that has gt3 cars.

Wheelbase: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer.
Rims: Ferrari Alcantara 599xx Evo 30 - Leather 28GT - TM Open Wheel.
Rotation in TM program: 540.
Steer lock settings in game: 540.

Porsche has 800° of wheel rotation, the others are between 480 and 700, more or less.
The best way is to put max degrees of your base both at control panel and game.

Ferrari 480
McLaren 480

BMW 565

Lamborghini 620
Lamborghini ST 620
Honda 620

Lexus 640
Aston Martin 640
Bentley 640
Nissan 640
Mercedes 640

Jaguar 720
Audi 720
R-EX 720

911 GT3 800
911 CUP 800

I don't really think it matters, what ever feels comfortable is fine. With wheel diameters ranging from 25-26 cm to 32-33 cm, 900° may be just fine on one wheel but terrible on another. Not to mention rally vs f1style steering wheel rims. I asked Jardier what he uses for ACC, 600° is his preferred setting. He also just uses the default fov settings, and it does not seem to slow him down any.

Last edited:
I use 800(when i drive the Porsche) in thrustmaster control panel and same ingame steer lock. I change to 720 both when i drive the Audi. Occasionally i go with Mercedes or Nissan and i change to 640 both

I just wont get why people mess with these settings and change it with every car if the recommendation is to leave it to for example 900° in the driver and in the game settings and it all adjust automatically and works and looks fine?

Because, at least with Thrustmaster T300, it doesn`t adjust automatically, i saw the post where Aris. says that it will adjust but it won`t, at least in my case. Going with 900 in TH control panel it will turn 900 degrees even if you drive a Ferrari witch has a 480 degree and it`s a mess. 900 i use when i play ETS2

There is no soft or hardlock but he adjust the rotation, look well

I have tested for one week if there is a difference in therm of ffb and really no change in my laptime
A part the hardlock no profit
And even at 480 ferrari, mclaren or 360 lambo who turn his wheel more than 360?

Because, at least with Thrustmaster T300, it doesn`t adjust automatically, i saw the post where Aris. says that it will adjust but it won`t, at least in my case. Going with 900 in TH control panel it will turn 900 degrees even if you drive a Ferrari witch has a 480 degree and it`s a mess. 900 i use when i play ETS2
With the default settings of my Logitech i can turn the physical wheel 900° as well, there is no hard lock, the wheel in the car just wont turn further, is that the "problem" you have with it or are the wheels not in sync?

With the default settings of my Logitech i can turn the physical wheel 900° as well, there is no hard lock, the wheel in the car just wont turn further, is that the "problem" you have with it or are the wheels not in sync?

The wheels are not in sync, i keep on turning on t300 and in game wheel stops, i also don`t like the input, so i change depending on the car i go with, it`s just how i like it to be (perfect syncronized) and not an advice for anyone

There is no "official" announcement by Kunos? (I ask because I don't know). This would resolve all "controversy". The truth is that after testing and testing I can not be comfortable with my T300, except in the Ferrari with degrees at 490º.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back