Share Your VR Settings

There is a very healthy thread going for ACC VR settings, but I didn't see an equivalent thread going here. I was wondering if anyone has dialed in their VR settings to perfection in rFactor 2. I'm currently using an HP Reverb G2 and 1080Ti, so if anyone has a good starting point for settings within SteamVR+WMR+rFactor 2+etc., I'd greatly appreciate the help. I was hoping to have an RTX 3080 by now (maybe it will happen by the year 2022:cry:), so I'd also be curious which tweaks are suggested with higher-end GPUs than the 1080Ti.

supersampleRatio=1.3
enableLayers=false
enableCubemap=true
threePartSubmit=false
useViewportStencil=true
dx10Mode=false

If you get an error for line 3 just delete that line. If the UI is starting up in VR then that means the dll is being used, I'd suggest maybe trying some other combination of car/track. I tested with Portland just now which has been updated and it worked ok for me.

There's a log file in the same directory as the dll called openovr_log that could have something in it of note.

I am facing the same issue with opencomposite.
From the log I get this message:
"OculusBackend::SetSkyboxOverride - OVR Call failed, aborting. Error code: -6001 Descr: There is no room in the texture swapchain to accept more frames."

Googled a bit, but no luck.

Will try a few more things, like reinstalling Oculus client and steam, but not getting very optimistic.

Ryzen 3800X, 2080TI, Rift S.

Thanks!

Ryzen 3800x + RTX 2060, HTC Vive headset.

I just set everything to medium quality and it runs great. Stable 90 FPS and is graphically clear and nice to drive in. RF2 never had the best graphics anyways

Using OpenComposite for Rift S on 2070Super / 3600X / Tuned RAM...

L3 AA, PP Low, everything on full in game (except rain drops)
Oculus Debug Tool SS=1.25, ASW disabled.
Nvidia control panel Sharpening = 1.0
Garage LOD tweak (stops fps drops when passing pits)

Runs fine, though I only hotlap by myself in RF2. If I want to be punted I have iRacing :-P

My methodology is to set everything to medium, find a good SS point, between 1.25 - 1.4 and then turn things up until I start getting less than 80Hz. Then tweak to find a balance between graphic effects and SS. Usually prefer graphic effects over higher SS.

Thanks for your response! I have one quick follow-up question for you: How do I implement the Garage LOD tweak you mentioned?

DOH! ... pasted the wrong link originally, which is for the generic OpenComposite.
It should have been this one which is an OpenComposite fork specifically for RF2 .

@Douglas Osterkamp ... it's the avx version from this site that gives that 6001 error. Use the regular version.

Hey! Thanks for looking into my issue!

I downloaded the new dll from this new location you share and now I am getting a different error:

OpenComposite DLLMain Error: unknown/unsupported interface IVRSystem 022.

I will give it a try with the old UI now, but let me know if there is anything else I should look into.

Thank you very much!

Update: It worked with the old UI! Thank you very much!

Last edited:
DOH! ... pasted the wrong link originally, which is for the generic OpenComposite.
It should have been this one which is an OpenComposite fork specifically for RF2 .

@Douglas Osterkamp ... it's the avx version from this site that gives that 6001 error. Use the regular version.

can't launch rf2 with it, i have this error on my rift s:

VR.JPG

and this one after i click on ok:

vr2.JPG

Last edited:
I have a question. Yesterday I downloaded the rfactor2 demo to s what all the fuss is about. Is the demo anything to go by for the VR experience in the end? The UI was at really weird places, as if I was really close to a huge screen with the UI at the borders of it.

Last edited:
The old one is deprecated, and you can't use competition system with it

I know. I also want to use the new UI with open composite, but looks like the development for this specific dll has ceased and I would not expect 397 to fix the new UI to work with the dll.

So, basically we are stuck with the old ui if you want to skip using SteamVR.

I might be wrong (hopefully), so if anyone has any info about it, please share.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back