Share Your VR Settings

There is a very healthy thread going for ACC VR settings, but I didn't see an equivalent thread going here. I was wondering if anyone has dialed in their VR settings to perfection in rFactor 2. I'm currently using an HP Reverb G2 and 1080Ti, so if anyone has a good starting point for settings within SteamVR+WMR+rFactor 2+etc., I'd greatly appreciate the help. I was hoping to have an RTX 3080 by now (maybe it will happen by the year 2022:cry:), so I'd also be curious which tweaks are suggested with higher-end GPUs than the 1080Ti.

Switched to the new UI to check out the competition system so had a play around with steam VR. Have to say it worked fine on all auto settings, inc motion smoothing. Thought it looked a bit sharper than opencomposite for the same performance. I reckon I'll probably use it it from now on for RF2.

I'm using rtx3090+i9 9900kf and fanetac wheel and peddal, by using the 100%render resolution in steam vr, I can't get stable 90pfs if all set high. The track I test is Nordschleife。
current setting is:
aa level2, fxaa on,mirror on,ai =7, post effect=middle, circuit detail low,oponent detail medium

with this setup I would say in 99% time the game play is very smooth, which is good enough to me

I think this game is very cpu dependant, the bottle neck of cpu will cause stutter。below are the main factors which cause cpu bottle neck

1. number of ai
2. ffb calculation
3. polygon counts(by turn off the mirror you will get significant fps increase due to less rendered objects。by setting the circuit detail to low also result in reduction of polygon and you will get less stutter when passing the circuit stand
4. morning and afternoon will have higher cpu calculation than noon time due to more complex lighting,for example the shadow get longer.

Here's a video of reverb g2 performance with overclocked 6800xt (and everything else oc'ed aswell)
Just a note on memory speed effect on performance. I have several mem oc profiles and 4000mhz 15-18-18-38 seems to be the sweet spot. 4200 17-22-22-42 doesnt not perform aswell with rf2 and struggles with 100% SS. Propably more to do with higher tRCD than tCL (22 vs 18) as secondaries and thirtiaries are pretty much as tight on both oc profiles. Could also be limits of the mem kit at 1.5v, but im not comfortable going over that.
100% steam vr ss is possible, with the g2 in rf2, but needs fast everything, not just gpu.
All system specs are in the description of the video, and ingame settings in the video at time stamp 15:53

EDIT! just tried with xmp profile and it is just as fast! There was steam vr version which struggled with the reverb performance, and my findings with the mem oc profiles were from that time. NO NEED TO SPEND EXTRA for fast memory. As of now that is. Those steam vr updates age me with 3x rate as there are performance problems so often.

EDIT 2: I spoke too soon. i do get some reprojection with xmp 3600 c16. dammit!
sorry about that. I so wished that it was just steam vr + wmr thing. even tough, steam vr version has huge effect on the perfromance. 1.17.2 beta was GOOD, but 1.16.10 is ok. 1.17.3 and the latest 1.17.4 are not as good as 1.16.10 so im scared allready when the betas roll out to stable...
I wish more peolpe would test all beta versions and give more feedback, as we dont have a chance to roll back the stable..

There is one minor setback with the 6800xt card and rf2 tough. some of the newer tracks with pbr lighting system make tree shadows flicker with this card. not all of them and most (all i have) 3rd party tracks are fine tough. Hopefully S397 will get this sorted in the future.

Last edited:
Here's a video of reverb g2 performance with overclocked 6800xt (and everything else oc'ed aswell)
Just a note on memory speed effect on performance. I have several mem oc profiles and 4000mhz 15-18-18-38 seems to be the sweet spot. 4200 17-22-22-42 doesnt not perform aswell with rf2 and struggles with 100% SS. Propably more to do with higher tRCD than tCL (22 vs 18) as secondaries and thirtiaries are pretty much as tight on both oc profiles. Could also be limits of the mem kit at 1.5v, but im not comfortable going over that.
100% steam vr ss is possible, with the g2 in rf2, but needs fast everything, not just gpu.
All system specs are in the description of the video, and ingame settings in the video at time stamp 15:53

Awesome! Thank you. I wish I had the PC to run at these settings, but I can’t get an RTX 3080 or 6800XT despite my best efforts :( I look forward to implementing your settings once I get one though!

I have gotten questions about the low gpu temp in the video. "dude! do you live in the fridge?" :D
That is because i recently moved to a brand new "energy efficient building", which translates to "we cheap out on heating" :p and my indoor temp is around 17-18'C because of that. So yes, i live in the fridge!
Joking aside, i have lian li o11 dynamic case with 3x 120mm fans below the gpu, that ramp up to pci-e x16 temp sensor in mb. Their speed range from 1050-1650rpm with pci-e temps of 30-38'C degrees. Works like a miracle.
As a enthusiast overclocker i wanted to make sure i can get every bit out of the card.
The card it self is not hot either, so i would expect it to stay cool without the bottoms case fans still.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back