Share Your VR Settings

There is a very healthy thread going for ACC VR settings, but I didn't see an equivalent thread going here. I was wondering if anyone has dialed in their VR settings to perfection in rFactor 2. I'm currently using an HP Reverb G2 and 1080Ti, so if anyone has a good starting point for settings within SteamVR+WMR+rFactor 2+etc., I'd greatly appreciate the help. I was hoping to have an RTX 3080 by now (maybe it will happen by the year 2022:cry:), so I'd also be curious which tweaks are suggested with higher-end GPUs than the 1080Ti.

There is a very healthy thread going for ACC VR settings, but I didn't see an equivalent thread going here. I was wondering if anyone has dialed in their VR settings to perfection in rFactor 2. I'm currently using an HP Reverb G2 and 1080Ti, so if anyone has a good starting point for settings within SteamVR+WMR+rFactor 2+etc., I'd greatly appreciate the help. I was hoping to have an RTX 3080 by now (maybe it will happen by the year 2022:cry:), so I'd also be curious which tweaks are suggested with higher-end GPUs than the 1080Ti.
Try SS 50% (native resolution) for Steam VR and in-game settings from the screenshot:
RF2_sett.JPG
Anti Aliasing you can try Level 1 or 2

Last edited:
Using OpenComposite for Rift S on 2070Super / 3600X / Tuned RAM...

L3 AA, PP Low, everything on full in game (except rain drops)
Oculus Debug Tool SS=1.25, ASW disabled.
Nvidia control panel Sharpening = 1.0
Garage LOD tweak (stops fps drops when passing pits)

Runs fine, though I only hotlap by myself in RF2. If I want to be punted I have iRacing :-P

My methodology is to set everything to medium, find a good SS point, between 1.25 - 1.4 and then turn things up until I start getting less than 80Hz. Then tweak to find a balance between graphic effects and SS. Usually prefer graphic effects over higher SS.

OpenComposite only works with the old UI ... you need to opt of the beta on steam

EDIT: Crapola...just did the update and it's broken for me too.

EDIT: Got it working. Select old ui from betas dropdown and THEN drop the dll file into bin64 again.
(The openvr dll is replaced with the rf2 version by steam after you select the old ui as part of the file validation)

Last edited:
Last edited:
supersampleRatio=1.3
enableLayers=false
enableCubemap=true
threePartSubmit=false
useViewportStencil=true
dx10Mode=false

If you get an error for line 3 just delete that line. If the UI is starting up in VR then that means the dll is being used, I'd suggest maybe trying some other combination of car/track. I tested with Portland just now which has been updated and it worked ok for me.

There's a log file in the same directory as the dll called openovr_log that could have something in it of note.

that's no problem for me colors are fine better than in the rift my opinion for me the fact that the resolution is so much better you don't have to fool around to get to a near-perfect image that outnumbers all other factors there is no shimmering or flickering in the distance

Last edited:
that's no problem for me colors are fine better than in the rift my opinion for me the fact that the resolution is so much better you don't have to fool around to get to a near-perfect image that outnumbers all other factors there is no shimmering or flickering in the distance

I agree on this, resolution step forward is first thing I need coming from rift s, and before cv1 as you. My only concern is to find a good graphic card that doesn't cost me one kidney :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 425 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 279 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 325 12.8%