Share your VR graphic settings

The screen shot definitely looks like contact shadows being on. It's the option under Shadow Distance in the in game video settings, set it to disabled.

Some updates here.
You and Andrew was right, contact shadows was the problem. I don´t know what happened, I´m shure I tested both options many times, and diferent values on shadows res...
Maybe some engine.ini can override this parameter? I was traying so many different engine.ini files, some even tweacked by me, and so different json configs that this could be the problem. Anyway this issue with shadows it´s fixed.

Now I whent back to standard engine.ini OTT 1.5SS, resolution at 100% and some epic values and image it´s pretty clear and sharp and got a 80fps all the time whith 25 cars in Spa. I noticed volumetric fog has a huge impact in performance, I had to disable it. Rest of parameters can run in epic or high.
I´ll keep testing new 3090 engine.ini

Next step could be the quality of mirrors. For me it´s soooo bad. Even in high res, epic mode and no FPS limit, the inside screen and exterior mirrors are crap. Having a poor resolution and quality in general.

For the other side, could someone explain what it makes the effects and post-procesing settings in specific?

Thanks!

Well I thought you guys would have ReShade working for ACC by now, I'm disappointed lol.

Difference would be huge, you can try ReShade on AC with a couple of sharpening filters... It's like lifting a veil from your eyes. All this tinkering and compromising could be a thing of the past if we can get that working.

Well, shows what I know. Someone managed to get it working:

There is a subtle but noticeable improvement on distant objects and textures*. However there is a performance penalty of ~10%. Lowering the pixel density / resolution to get that back eliminate the benefits IMHO. It's only alpha build though...

*ETA: I tested by setting the contrast / brightness etc to 1.0 so it was just the CAS that was making a difference. If it was free or only 1 or 2% I would use it.

Last edited:
Well, shows what I know. Someone managed to get it working:

There is a subtle but noticeable improvement on distant objects and textures*. However there is a performance penalty of ~10%. Lowering the pixel density / resolution to get that back eliminate the benefits IMHO. It's only alpha build though...

*ETA: I tested by setting the contrast / brightness etc to 1.0 so it was just the CAS that was making a difference. If it was free or only 1 or 2% I would use it.

Wow it really doesn't help IMO. I'm extremely surprised considering how big of a difference it is on other sims.

Wow it really doesn't help IMO. I'm extremely surprised considering how big of a difference it is on other sims.

What I've found after a bit of experimentation is that it works better the softer the initial image. So tweaking the TAA settings by reducing current frame weight to 0.025 and increasing filter size to 1.0 gives a softer but more stable image. Then in reshade increase the CAS sharpening strength to 1.5 (2.0 you start to get some artifacts but still good) and max delta a bit to 0.075 or 0.08, and you get some pretty good results. Not a game changer for sure but something I would want to leave on if there were fewer performance issues. The main problem is that it seems to make the frame rate less stable so even if you compensate for the lower performance there are still more ticks of missed frames.

Best place to check the differences are on a long straight. e.g. start a race at Spa at the back of a grid and look at the first corner. Try it on a replay too and constantly toggle it on and off.

I tried removing the colour tweak from the shader but didn't seem to help performance at all unfortunately. Toggling the shader on or off doesn't even help so it looks like just haing reshade injected gives the performance deficit. Would be good if Kunos just added this CAS shader directly into the game. Would perform much better. But I doubt even this would happen.

What I've found after a bit of experimentation is that it works better the softer the initial image. So tweaking the TAA settings by reducing current frame weight to 0.025 and increasing filter size to 1.0 gives a softer but more stable image. Then in reshade increase the CAS sharpening strength to 1.5 (2.0 you start to get some artifacts but still good) and max delta a bit to 0.075 or 0.08, and you get some pretty good results. Not a game changer for sure but something I would want to leave on if there were fewer performance issues. The main problem is that it seems to make the frame rate less stable so even if you compensate for the lower performance there are still more ticks of missed frames.

Best place to check the differences are on a long straight. e.g. start a race at Spa at the back of a grid and look at the first corner. Try it on a replay too and constantly toggle it on and off.

I tried removing the colour tweak from the shader but didn't seem to help performance at all unfortunately. Toggling the shader on or off doesn't even help so it looks like just haing reshade injected gives the performance deficit. Would be good if Kunos just added this CAS shader directly into the game. Would perform much better. But I doubt even this would happen.
In which folder have to put the shader files?

Took some effort to get mine working on rift s and a lot of forum reading. The result, zero difference. Actually in pancake mode on epic on my TV it even looks worse on than off. Wmr Reddit wankers wasted my weekend lol!

I have g2 and RTX-3080 VS i7-7700 CPU, do i need upgrade to new i7-11700K CPU or better go for Ryzen? Will i get more in ACC with better CPU?
Single thread cpu is the most important thing atm for acc. My oced 5600x did get me a boost over my 3600 (in starting grid etc). If u really need the performance now than its ok ,but even on ryzen 5000 i need to lock to 12 cars ... and frames do go down to 80 on start or behind pack. I would say ryzen 6000 will be finally able to get real good results. New intel 11 are crap cant recommand them.

Last edited:
Here's a video I did heavily zoomed in to show the benefit to clarity in the distance (view in 1080p to see best). I turn CAS on and off every few seconds so look at the banner and the end of the straight to see the difference as it changes:

Gives a clarity increase similar to bumping up PD another 10-20% IMO. It doesn't appear to work on Oculus HMDs at the moment though, only those that use SteamVR. Probably makes more of a difference for higher res devices too.

Last edited:
Here's a video I did heavily zoomed in to show the benefit to clarity in the distance (view in 1080p to see best). I turn CAS on and off every few seconds so look at the banner and the end of the straight to see the difference as it changes:

Gives a clarity increase similar to bumping up PD another 10-20% IMO. It doesn't appear to work on Oculus HMDs at the moment though, only those that use SteamVR. Probably makes more of a difference for higher res devices too
guys the cas is workin really good. U can’t measure it in PD. It gets rid of the blur in the background and not any PD number can do that! I have no clue why Kunos couldnt do this all this years? This thing is imo now absolutly mandetory. And it only cost like 5% PD performance ,but gives way more back. Works on g2 and probably any wmr. Oculus dunno.

That's a link for his reshade settings from the acc forum. Extract the zip to \Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64

Adjusting values in-game

Pressing the HOME key will open the built-in Reshade UI. Here you can adjust the parameters as you see fit. The END key will toggle the effects on or off, so you can use that to observe the difference the preset makes in the headset. Available parameters:

• Contrast Adaptation: controls the intensity of the sharpening filter. Ranges from 0 to 1, with 0 still providing some sharpening.
  • Max color delta: can be used to limit the amount of change to a pixel in the image. This was introduced by the ENB CAS variant and can be used to prevent sharpening artefacts with grass or foliage in the game. A value of 0.07 is typically recommended for Skyrim.
  • Sharpening intensity: determines the blend between the unsharpened and sharpened image. A value of 0 effectively disables the sharpener.
  • Contrast / Brightness / Color saturation: basic controls for color adjustment. Set these to 1 to get the unmodified color value. Otherwise, adjust to your liking.
  • Sharpening radius: determines the area of the image from the eye center that is sharpened. Set this to 1.5 or so to sharpen the entire image. Smaller values will reduce the performance cost of the sharpening filter (to a point), although setting this too low will eventually become visible in the headset. The default value of 0.5 should work just fine.

That's from fholgers skyrim nexus site.

Last edited:
guys the cas is workin really good. U can’t measure it in PD. It gets rid of the blur in the background and not any PD number can do that! I have no clue why Kunos couldnt do this all this years? This thing is imo now absolutly mandetory. And it only cost like 5% PD performance ,but gives way more back. Works on g2 and probably any wmr. Oculus dunno.

That's a link for his reshade settings from the acc forum. Extract the zip to \Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64

Adjusting values in-game

Pressing the HOME key will open the built-in Reshade UI. Here you can adjust the parameters as you see fit. The END key will toggle the effects on or off, so you can use that to observe the difference the preset makes in the headset. Available parameters:

• Contrast Adaptation: controls the intensity of the sharpening filter. Ranges from 0 to 1, with 0 still providing some sharpening.
  • Max color delta: can be used to limit the amount of change to a pixel in the image. This was introduced by the ENB CAS variant and can be used to prevent sharpening artefacts with grass or foliage in the game. A value of 0.07 is typically recommended for Skyrim.
  • Sharpening intensity: determines the blend between the unsharpened and sharpened image. A value of 0 effectively disables the sharpener.
  • Contrast / Brightness / Color saturation: basic controls for color adjustment. Set these to 1 to get the unmodified color value. Otherwise, adjust to your liking.
  • Sharpening radius: determines the area of the image from the eye center that is sharpened. Set this to 1.5 or so to sharpen the entire image. Smaller values will reduce the performance cost of the sharpening filter (to a point), although setting this too low will eventually become visible in the headset. The default value of 0.5 should work just fine.

That's from fholgers skyrim nexus site.

Yeah dude thanks for insisting on this! It actually works GREAT, didn't realize I had the settings all wrong on ReShade, now after installing everything fresh it makes a HUGE difference, at least to me. It's like a 30% increase in pixel density. This is awesome!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%