F1 2010 Shanghai - China (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello all. Well I took Bram's (if I may call you that) set-up and tweaked it to my liking. I am in career mode and have ABS and TC on that's it. Playing on PC with Xbox Controller. I posted a time of 1:37.751 and on a good line it was like being on rail's 'Choo Choo'. I cannot wait to get 'Upgrades' (Neo Matrix) and see what time's I do then will let you know !

Car
Williams

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Default

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 8
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 180 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 218 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 252 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 288 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 358 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: N/a

Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

I am finding most of Bram's set-ups work well with my William's with very little tweaking. I had to restart my career because of the save game bug but that's another story ! Many thank's for a fantastic and informative site.

Sincerely, Dave.

p.s This setup also worked well in the wet on intermediate's.

Can I ask with which you did that? Because I use the same setup with a Lotus and I couldn't get the time down to 1.38

Using OP's (Bram's) setup.

I am on Xbox 360 and using standard wireless controller.

This time was done in Practice 3. Towards the end of the session when all nice and grippy. Fastest lap in race was 1:36.117.

I have a spreadsheet i've been putting the times in now. As I was annoyed I couldn't remember my times from season 1. Now, when I get to season 3 I will be able to see if I'm running at the same pace or better.

I'm racing with Lotus on my new season 1 and it's a biatch to be competitive here. Bram's OP setup would be my best bet but turn 1 & 2 with the KB is a real challenge! Now, the weather is crazy. Sunny at P1, heavy rain at P2, sunny at P3. SSR predicted for Q1,2,3. But how the heck can Weber and the rest do the same 1:38.xx lap on heavy rain as they do on dry track? LOL... something in this game is not from this world!

that does seem odd because in my game when its raining the AI is really slow i love when it rains during qualifying or race day as i know the AI will not match my pace lol and maybe they are driving UFOs or hovercrafts lol

It should be noted that in practice and qualifying the AI car's do not actually race, their time's are simulated with a 'Football style manager system' so you are actually the only driver really on the track (apparently to system resource hungry), the other car's are there for show only and DO NOT set times. During the race however the other car's are there with an AI driver (Not system resource hungry ????). It is a 'Known' bug apparently.

Sincerely, Dave.

p.s So far this bug is not due for a fix for the patch as they are to busy working on F1 2011.

• Glowingsplint

Glowingsplint- 1.31.134 in the TT
Settings used are the quick set-up option the last on the right
Top speed highest
Downforce lowest
Handling oversteer

I use the wheel this game is all about letting the car roll through the corners then accelerate in the straights especially with the quick setup.

Have a look at JB's lap on F1.com... I must say that is one of the hardest corners in the game, if not the hardest. There are two ways you can do it; you can stick tight to the kerb on the right by balancing the brake and throttle, or you can take a wider approach by touching the apex at the start, let it run to middle of the track and then hit the brakes hard. Second option is probably easier, but the first option is what real F1 drivers do - your choice really.

• Glowingsplint

Have a look at JB's lap on F1.com... I must say that is one of the hardest corners in the game, if not the hardest. There are two ways you can do it; you can stick tight to the kerb on the right by balancing the brake and throttle, or you can take a wider approach by touching the apex at the start, let it run to middle of the track and then hit the brakes hard. Second option is probably easier, but the first option is what real F1 drivers do - your choice really.

Well am running a 1:31 so what I would say is put on the racing line and try doing it. Let off the accelerator when the line goes yellow do all the braking you think you will need stay out near the kerb then hit the apex but still no acceleration till your back end lines up with the front.

But at the end of the day you get better by your own trail and error which is why this game is so addictive.

i was using ramon van rijns setup and it was like i was driving with a boat (i was in a lotus maybe thats the problem??) but i only did 7laps on sepang i managed to get a 1.41 with default setup pretty bad but with ramon van rijns setup i only could get a 1.41

sry for that

Because i was using default setup and did 5 practice laps with my lotus on sepang and i managed a 1.35 so i was panicking for nothing:p

As far as wet setups go I think this works quite well.

I seem to be competitive in a Lotus on Legend difficulty. But the problem I'm having is that this setup is chewing through intermediate tyres like no tommorow.

3 laps and it's like skating on ice.

Can anyone tell me how to dial in the setup so that the tyres dont suffer as much?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back