ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing

Apps ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing 3.1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I will look in order to fix it I admit that I've made a "fast" update in order to kill the random crash and take profit of the latest games introduced in my "compatible games library" .but I did not kept it a long time under testing. I have some ideas to keep UI and feedback engine totally separate and avoid strange behaviours. I'll keep you in touch ;)

Does RBR not output anything? I just got simvibe and there is a profile for it there but I haven't tested it yet. I assume there is some telemetry though? Maybe suspension bumps perhaps?

Awesome work though mate. Keep it up :)

Bonjour,

Je reviens sur un problème qui a été résolu il y a quelques temps. Le fichier shakeit.exe ne fonctionne pas sur mon pc sous Windows 10 même en l’exécutant en tant qu'administrateur. Le fichier provient de la version 3.0.
Lorsque je lance le fichier, il n'apparait même pas dans le gestionnaire des tâches. Lors de mes différents essais j'ai eu une fois une message d'erreur me disant: "shakeit.exe a cessé de fonctionner". Auriez vous une petite idée pour résoudre à nouveau ce problème?
Merci d'avance

Hello,

I come back to a problem that was solved some time ago. The file shakeit.exe does not work on my pc under Windows 10 even by running it as an administrator. The file comes from version 3.0.
When I run the file, it does not appear in the task manager. During my various tests I once had an error message telling me: "shakeit.exe has stopped working". Would you have an idea to solve this problem again?
thank you in advance

Will rF2 support expand? As ShakeIt doesn't seem to support wheel lock for rF2. Which is why I got the parts for, so i feel a bit silly :D

Anyway, cool software and I'm sure I'll find some uses for this :) And currently looking into building a display to use with SimHub ;)

Thanks!

I will look in order to fix it I admit that I've made a "fast" update in order to kill the random crash and take profit of the latest games introduced in my "compatible games library" .but I did not kept it a long time under testing. I have some ideas to keep UI and feedback engine totally separate and avoid strange behaviours. I'll keep you in touch ;)

Awesome, thank you very much. I saw that some others on the assetto forum also have been seeing the lag issue so it looks like that is not limited to my setup. It seems to be fairly occasional thus far.

A more random question I guess. The information that you are pulling out of the sims, how does it have to be exposed/formatted for you to be able to pull it into shakeit? Mainly curious whether it would be possible to pull info out of IL2 Sturmovik BOS/BOM for the planes, (engine/vibration/gun feedback/stall shaking)?

The reason I ask is because this thing called the Gametrix Jetseat apparently natively supports a pile of games and it is essentially a pile of transducers in a flexible seat cover thing. So my thinking is if this device is natively supporting them there must be some way that they are doing that, so if we could get our hands on the software how hard would it be to integrate that with shakeit do you think? Because if they have support for that long list then you would presumably only need to integrate once and then you get support for all of them in one hit?
These are the games it supports:
Racing:
iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Dirt Rally
Project Cars
rFactor 2
Automobilista
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator
RaceRoom Racing Experience

Flight Simulator:
Digital Combat Simulator World
War Thunder
Falcon BMS
Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Lockhead Martin - Prepar 3D
IL-2 Sturmovik

Misc:
World of Tanks

Hello,

To follow-up my previous post, here are some details about the crash (from Windows events log):
Code:
Application : ShakeIt.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   à WoteverCommon.Input.SlimDxHelper..cctor()

Informations sur l'exception : System.TypeInitializationException
   à WoteverCommon.Input.SlimDxHelper.add_JoystickButtonsUpdated(DeviceButtonsUpdatedDelegate)
   à WoteverCommon.Input.GamePadButton..ctor()
   à WoteverCommon.Input.GamePadButtonAndPov..ctor()
   à ShakeIt.MainWindow..ctor()

Informations sur l'exception : System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
   à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   à System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   à System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   à System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   à System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   à System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   à System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   à System.Windows.Application.Run()
   à ShakeIt.App.Main()

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

Hello,

To follow-up my previous post, here are some details about the crash (from Windows events log):
Code:
Application : ShakeIt.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   à WoteverCommon.Input.SlimDxHelper..cctor()

Informations sur l'exception : System.TypeInitializationException
   à WoteverCommon.Input.SlimDxHelper.add_JoystickButtonsUpdated(DeviceButtonsUpdatedDelegate)
   à WoteverCommon.Input.GamePadButton..ctor()
   à WoteverCommon.Input.GamePadButtonAndPov..ctor()
   à ShakeIt.MainWindow..ctor()

Informations sur l'exception : System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
   à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   à System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   à System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   à System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   à System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   à System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   à System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   à System.Windows.Application.Run()
   à ShakeIt.App.Main()

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

Do you have directX installed ?

Awesome, thank you very much. I saw that some others on the assetto forum also have been seeing the lag issue so it looks like that is not limited to my setup. It seems to be fairly occasional thus far.

A more random question I guess. The information that you are pulling out of the sims, how does it have to be exposed/formatted for you to be able to pull it into shakeit? Mainly curious whether it would be possible to pull info out of IL2 Sturmovik BOS/BOM for the planes, (engine/vibration/gun feedback/stall shaking)?

The reason I ask is because this thing called the Gametrix Jetseat apparently natively supports a pile of games and it is essentially a pile of transducers in a flexible seat cover thing. So my thinking is if this device is natively supporting them there must be some way that they are doing that, so if we could get our hands on the software how hard would it be to integrate that with shakeit do you think? Because if they have support for that long list then you would presumably only need to integrate once and then you get support for all of them in one hit?
These are the games it supports:
Racing:
iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Dirt Rally
Project Cars
rFactor 2
Automobilista
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator
RaceRoom Racing Experience

Flight Simulator:
Digital Combat Simulator World
War Thunder
Falcon BMS
Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Lockhead Martin - Prepar 3D
IL-2 Sturmovik

Misc:
World of Tanks

They need to be exposed in a way or another by the game, I don't use hacky stuffs such as process memory reading. With simhub (except the flying games) I have a nice list of potentials supported games where I already have a data reader on my own :
ETS/ATS/Codemasters/rf1/rf2/LFS/RBR/Automobilista/WarThunder/Pcars/SimBin games.

What forces does Gametrix exposes ?

Do you have directX installed ?

Yes, I have Direct X 12 installed. See DXDiag info :
Code:
      Time of this report: 5/13/2017, 16:11:44
             Machine name: DESKTOP-G9P2KKT
               Machine Id: {78FAB692-212C-4E5B-AAB3-329EEBB139A2}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
                 Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
      System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
             System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/28/16 13:49:07 Ver: 04.06.05
                Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor            (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16348MB RAM
                Page File: 3888MB used, 15402MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

Wotever updated ShakeIt DIY rumble Feedback for Assettocorsa, Codmasters, PCars, Rf1, Rf2, Iracing with a new update entry:

To infinity and beyond!

"Little" update with lot of goodies :
  • IRacing :
    • Added some properties to the sample data when not running IRacing
    • "Self learning" feature, since IRacing documentation does not specifies all the available data, SimHub "learns" when it discover a new property, it will allow to cover car specific data or new properties to come with new IRacing updates. When SimHub discover a new property it will be available on next simhub restart and will be perisisted.
    • Iracing map...

Read the rest of this update entry...

They need to be exposed in a way or another by the game, I don't use hacky stuffs such as process memory reading. With simhub (except the flying games) I have a nice list of potentials supported games where I already have a data reader on my own :
ETS/ATS/Codemasters/rf1/rf2/LFS/RBR/Automobilista/WarThunder/Pcars/SimBin games.

What forces does Gametrix exposes ?

TBH I am not sure what they are pulling out of the various sims as I don't have one but I have read on Reddit that it seems to be pulling out similar info to the Simvibe software as you can also switch it to 'audio' mode for unsupported games. It has 8 transducers that are wired up that you can evidently control to some extent.

This is the page with the software, I thought I would mainly bring it to your attention in case you can use it to your advantage to either get different data into shakeit or to expand support into flight sims without having to do much additional work :).

https://www.gametrix.eu/pages/software

That page has a pile of the software including FFB drivers and software for interacting with the various sims.

I'm currently about to test your new update, having so much fun in RF2 at the moment.

Firs of all great app!
It may be my mistake, I haven't downloaded the last version of the app, but I have these two issues.

I have strange behavior. For example lets check the engine rpm settings. When I rev the car with 70 80% throttle the motor is running. All good but when I rev the car with full throttle I have no feedback from the motor. Tyres are spinning revs are going high but the right(gas) motor is not spinning.

Also another issue when I go over a kerb(mad apex entry) the brake motor goes berserk. Even with everything down to 0% it still vibrates violently.

hey i have a request in the iracing forum a guy said to get vibration from locking wheels to use the broken rotar This is what the guy posted

Jordan Schulze wrote: "I was able to somewhat emulate wheel lockup. I did it by mapping speed/rpm/gear for each car. The software does it automatically on the outlap. It creates a table that maps the speed you "should" be going based on the rpm and gear. Then during a braking event if there is a deviation from this table it assumes brake lockup. It's certainly not perfect, but it works.

Also, for my vibration I vibrate the motor based on wheel rpm. I just made a standard tire diameter for each car, so it's not perfect, but during a braking event it rotates the motor 1 time for each full tire rotation to simulate a little bit of a warped rotor. Then as your speed decreases during a braking event, the vibration frequency decreases proportionally. If there is a wheel lockup the vibration stops all together until your speed matches the speed/rpm/gear table."

I hope you can try it for a future update

hey i have a request in the iracing forum a guy said to get vibration from locking wheels to use the broken rotar This is what the guy posted

Jordan Schulze wrote: "I was able to somewhat emulate wheel lockup. I did it by mapping speed/rpm/gear for each car. The software does it automatically on the outlap. It creates a table that maps the speed you "should" be going based on the rpm and gear. Then during a braking event if there is a deviation from this table it assumes brake lockup. It's certainly not perfect, but it works.

Also, for my vibration I vibrate the motor based on wheel rpm. I just made a standard tire diameter for each car, so it's not perfect, but during a braking event it rotates the motor 1 time for each full tire rotation to simulate a little bit of a warped rotor. Then as your speed decreases during a braking event, the vibration frequency decreases proportionally. If there is a wheel lockup the vibration stops all together until your speed matches the speed/rpm/gear table."

I hope you can try it for a future update
Sounds interesting ;) I will think about it

I have the following behavior with a DK Shield Motor with 2 motors: For example I put at 100% for the gear change; I up shift or down shift and I can feel the vibration; then at iRacing, I also feel the vibration, but when I hit the gas, and then up shift or down shift, nothing happens. If I stop the car and then up or down shift, the vibration returns; and again if I hit the gas, the vibration is lost. This behavior is the same with the other elements (wheel slide, speed, rpm, etc).

I have the following behavior with a DK Shield Motor with 2 motors: For example I put at 100% for the gear change; I up shift or down shift and I can feel the vibration; then at iRacing, I also feel the vibration, but when I hit the gas, and then up shift or down shift, nothing happens. If I stop the car and then up or down shift, the vibration returns; and again if I hit the gas, the vibration is lost. This behavior is the same with the other elements (wheel slide, speed, rpm, etc).
More on this; Win 10 + Logitech g29; sometimes my wheels get crazy; then I close shakeit app and It becomes normal; It could be maybe that this app is messing around with the communication of the wheel and the OS?

More on this; Win 10 + Logitech g29; sometimes my wheels get crazy; then I close shakeit app and It becomes normal; It could be maybe that this app is messing around with the communication of the wheel and the OS?
It's really strange. I know there is a bug where shakeit get stuck but I really don't see how it could mess your wheel Oo

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back