Shadows

Hi all, does anyone have any tips or tutorials for doing shadows? Have read about them from the XPacker descriptions of how objects behave in RFactor, but not sure how this works in reality.

My main aim is to get general treeline shadows to fall across the track, but when I try this in BTB all I get is a trunk shadow, not the branches / leaves textures. Understand that it might be better achieved with a non-rendered mesh that does create shadow, rather than crudely selecting all the trees and telling them to cast shadow.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks speedstr001.

Am still having problems with the shadows. Am trying to get shadows to cast from an SObject (a line of the alpine trees sobject, from the awesome GB XPack).

When they do cast, it appears as a dull fuzz at the base of the object rather than a long shadow across the track. I've set the sun position and time of day to create what I think is the desired shadow casting angle but to no avail. Any pointers? Also get quite alot of flickering on the ground when trying to do this. Thanks alot :)

OK - think I have the hang of it... but, how does the sun set in BTB relate to the time of day system in RFactor? I'm not sure north correlates properly.

However, I can't get rid of the flickering shadows at all. Why does this happen and what do I do to stop it happening?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 114 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 88 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 120 13.6%