Shadow & texture flickering

Calum McLure

Did ye, aye?
I have been getting extreme amounts of texture and shadow flickering, which includes the whole screen blacking out at times for quite a while now. It started not long after the Steam release, I booted it back up after a couple of months of not playing it and the problem is still there.

It appears to get worse the longer I play which I know makes it sound like a hardware problem but I had the same issue a few months ago with my old AMD card and it is still doing it with an Nvidia.

I'm sure I seen this mentioned in a thread a few months back but had a look and couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:
There was a similar issue (the user changed vid cards) a few weeks back, In this case his game would start to a black screen but it was running. The solution turned out to be a freash install of the video drivers. Before reinstalling the latest drivers for a second, or third time the guy used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to make sure that no remnants of any previous drivers were causing issues.

Could be worth considering this approach.

Edit: BTW with a 970 you can max out every GSCx graphics feature and you will have plenty of power to spare... except (maybe) if your triple screen.

In rF2 there's a black rectangle below the car if i have the shadow settings on max.
Lowering it one step removes the problem and the shadow looks ok.

Guess that's just the downside of PC gaming :)

I also have 970 with triple screen and flickering (shadows, sometimes even buildings ...) appears only when I set Shadow Blur ON. I have shadows on medium, because too much everything distracts me, and without blur everything is fine here :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%