Shadow settings in Assetto Corsa

Hi guys, if I turn on shadows in AC/CM all the tracks are too dark. When I turn off shadows alltogether I get sunshine on track. Am I doing something wrong? I like a little sunshine on the track and the cars around me. If anyone can advice that would be great. TIA.

Seems like something is really off!
For me shadows only add dark spots, like shadows do in real life but the overall lighting stays exactly the same!

Please post your full graphic settings :)

Seems like something is really off!
For me shadows only add dark spots, like shadows do in real life but the overall lighting stays exactly the same!

Please post your full graphic settings :)
These are my settings in CM. I don't use PP filters in order to be able to put most settings to ultra/maximum. I have to say that I only see dark views (like the whole track is in the shade / or like there is no sun at all on track .. i see sunshine in the mountains though) in Oculus Rift VR. When i replay on my regular 1080p screen I can see much clearer images. I turned off shadows alltogether now.

Almost forgot, I am using Reshade 3 injector. Could this be the problem?

CM.JPG
reshade.JPG

Last edited:
I don't use PP filters in order to be able to put most settings to ultra/maximum.

Almost forgot, I am using Reshade 3 injector. Could this be the problem?

You're using a layer of computation on top of the game via reshade - if you stopped using that you might be able to use PP filters. You don't have to use everything in the PP menu, the colour changing parts won't cost anything anyway.

You're using a layer of computation on top of the game via reshade - if you stopped using that you might be able to use PP filters. You don't have to use everything in the PP menu, the colour changing parts won't cost anything anyway.

I removed Reshade and put PP filters on medium. Still having no shadows. When I turn shadows off I have bright sunlight. When I turn shadows on to 1024 all sunlight has left the track. So weird.

So pp filter/effects and reshade aren't the problem. Good to know!
Could you try to enable pp, select the standard filter and then hit pg-up/down to adjust the exposure. Maybe there's some weird bug at yours that sets them to wrong settings.
I really have no clue...

You should probably head over to the official forums and ask there as people there might have a lot more insight to the graphics engine :)

So pp filter/effects and reshade aren't the problem. Good to know!
Could you try to enable pp, select the standard filter and then hit pg-up/down to adjust the exposure. Maybe there's some weird bug at yours that sets them to wrong settings.
I really have no clue...

You should probably head over to the official forums and ask there as people there might have a lot more insight to the graphics engine :)

Tried setting the exposure in game, but nothing happens there. I see no difference at all ;-(. I will try the forums. Thanks.

Perhaps make a backup of your settings, reset everything to defaults & systematically check from there?

Could be something in your graphics drivers, but that is a giant can of worms.
I feel hesitant to reset evenything, especially since it has taken me forever to find settings that I can keep a constant 90 fps with. Only issue is the shadows, so maybe I should stick with keeping all shadows off and drive in full sunlight ;-(

you mean this one? yeah, i tried it with both on and off. If i turn that option on then i'm running completely in the shade on track. If i turn this option off I get sunlight on track, but no still shadows.

View attachment 251145

It looks indeed like that that patch is allways on now. Any advice how to undo the patch?
That sounds like your lighting is inverted :O_o::cautious:
Normally that setting checked + "Shadows resolution: off" should give you sunlight only!

But what I meant (which is now integrated in content manager as you see):
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-disable-shadows-patcher.17067/

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back