Shadow rendering issues

Ever since the 1.1 version of the GSE was release the sim's been unplayable to me because of a bug in the way shadows are rendered - and nothing's been done to correct that. As Reiza is going to stick to the same engine with their new sim - sorry, they're not gonna see my money again.

Ever since the 1.1 version of the GSE was release the sim's been unplayable to me because of a bug in the way shadows are rendered - and nothing's been done to correct that. As Reiza is going to stick to the same engine with their new sim - sorry, they're not gonna see my money again.
That is silly. Why has no one else complained about it? Turn shadows off and you can still play the game. It does not become unplayable.

That is silly. Why has no one else complained about it? Turn shadows off and you can still play the game. It does not become unplayable.

They have. Not many of them, but they have. Turning the shadows off? And the cars looking like they're floating above the racetrack? You must be joking. I understand fanboism, but the year is 2015 not 1995, and I do require some graphical fidelity.

<mod-edit: insults removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Bram - yep, it's still the same. Yesterday I downoladed the Steam version of GSE under a new installation of Windows and after about 2 minutes the shadows were flying all over the screen like mad. Nothing has changed.

As for the video card, I clean it regularly every two months or so, because my case is open and I have a long-haired cat :). Besides, I've been playing other ISI-based sims for years or months (R3E) and never have I had such an issue.

One thing never ceases to amaze me, though: the undying willingness, or eagerness of some people to subserviently defend their chosen sim/game. They say love is blind, but really....I am sure that If I one day decided to sell, I don't know, dead leaves from my apple tree, nicely arranged in pink paper boxes with some fancy advertising slogans, I'd get a large group of devoted buyers, followers and worshippers.....people are weird.

They have. Not many of them, but they have. Turning the shadows off? And the cars looking like they're floating above the racetrack? You must be joking. I understand fanboism, but the year is 2015 not 1995, and I do require some graphical fidelity.

<mod-edit: insults removed>
Well you are a nice chap aren't you? :rolleyes::poop: I am not a fanboy of any game. Do your homework.

and ps, clean your video card and remove those pussy hairs. They are known to cause overheating problems on cheap cards.;):D

Last edited:
Because expensive cards, like the one you've got, have an in-built, cutting-edge, specially designed system of disintegrating those hairs, right? It never rains but it pours on us, poverty-stricken beggars..... :(

I'll try to make it simple for you: Imagine you bought yourself a new TV set. Nice. Yet after a few minutes of watching something it turns itself off. Or switches to a random channel. You complain about this, and you get the following opinions: you know, if you turn all the colours down and leave it black and white only, it will work OK. And another smartass tells you that the people manufacturing those TVs are making miracles with the technology and anyone unhappy about them ought to be shot. It is a product and it must work as advertised, period. A game is a product. A sim is a product. Period.

I'm too old to waste time on explaining basic things to people like you. Away I go, then.

<mod-edit: removed insults again and for the last time>

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that is known to solve it is create a shortcut for the exe and add -fullproc at the end of the command line (thus disabling fullproc). For some reason it causes that shadow corruption glitch in some systems after a while. Versions pre-dating v1.15 did not have fullproc built in, which is why the problem would not show its ugly head. Disabling fullproc will naturally cost you some performance though.

Another thing that seems to prevent (if not stop altogether) chances of getting the problem is using SweetFX - it also costs performance, but with the bonus of some extra good looks.

We do intend to investigate this further now in the code itself, but one of the above should at least temporarily hold up for you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back