Shaders Patch Preview 123 Thoughts!?

I felt that a new Shaders Patch warranted a new thread.

It feels smoother and I can adjust track reflections so I get the look I like. Most of what was good in 114 is still there and still good. All the Extra FX are nice still.

HOWEVER.....

Something is VERY wrong with Dynamic Ambient. Turn this on in the CSP settings and the car becomes a sun! A driving ball of light! Obviously something in an .ini needs adjusting, but what and where? I had to enable it via an .ini or something with 114, as described in the Sol thread, but, I can't remember which folder it was in or what the .ini or whatever was called. Find the file and you can change the value to what it should be. Who knows where it is!?

• Deleted member 197115

CSP is not hosted on RD and therefore has zero support from devs here.
Discord would be a much better place for discussions and troubleshooting.

I posted because the setting I was looking for was mentioned on here. It was in the Sol thread. The value is in the .ini for Lighting FX. For Dynamic Ambient to work in 114 you had to manually turn it on. Turning it on at all in 123 causes weird effects. I was hoping to post a fix here in case anyone had the issue I did. The current fix is to make sure that Dynamic Ambient is disabled

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%