Shaders Patch Preview 114, thoughts?

Been running AC with Shaders Patch Preview 114 and testing out the new features, particularly those in Extra FX. Mixed I'd say.

SSLR - Enhances reflection mapping. Looks pretty, big FPS killer on tracks like LA Canyons.
Motion Blur - Same really, looks pretty, but on detail heavy tracks the FPS goes down.
SSAO - Have been getting some screen tear on tracks like Barcelona on the night setting and LA Canyons. This might be the cause. Wasn't in 74 and didn't get it then. Will try disabling it in a bit.

Other than that everything else is really good, on less resource heavy things the FPS even went up a tad and loading times are quicker. Once I locate the cause of that tearing I think we'll be cooking with gas.

Of course, these are just my experiences, yours may be different. Let me know.

Last edited:
Nothing is limited or work better in 60,75,83 or 45 FPS in AC and Shaders Patch. It's just the simple fact, that with more calculations the time to render a picture is higher. So if you set your maximum fps to 60,because of using the hdmi connection, then your pc has 16.7 ms to render the picture. If render time is shorter than this, it will wait. Let's say with all your activated things it takes 15ms to render the picture. Then you switch to Displayport, where the framerate are higher because of the better interface. With 75 hz the render time must be 13.33ms. So your PC cannot finish rendering the picture. Thats why tearing appears. If you manually set to 60 Hertz it will be the same for hdmi or Displayport connection.

I never set maximum FPS anywhere and I 60hz was the main one available in NVidia Control Panel with HDMI. 60fps is what I get with all the settings I have.

Yesterday i did a bench with a new laptop. I installed AC there for the first time and so i had a complette vanilla AC.
Then i installed CM + Shader Patch 114 and the only things i changed are extraFX off and in smart mirrors i set real mirror on + single frame (its set to "everything" by default, but this is a real fps killer! With set to single frame, it works great!).
Video settings: 2x AA, 2048x2048 shadow map, 4096x4096 reflections on 2 planes per frame, mirrors 2048x512 on high quality.

My test: 24 AI (BMW M3 e92) me in the last slot / Red Bull Ring 17:00 (14.05.2019):
1 lap in interier view (60° FOV) - own car driven by AI (Ctrl-C)
AC Vanilla "Clear" - default PPFilter - avg FPS: 114
AC+CSP114+Sol RC1 - "__Sol_ACC" PPFilter - avg FPS 138

This is interesting though, I'll give some of these a try for myself.

what is the best practice for updating shaders patch? Should I just disable shaders and sol in content manager and drag the files over the old fashioned way? In the past I could not update past P47 due to a strange VR issue...

I have a new PC and have P74 + sol 1.1.1 working fantastic but if there are performance gains to be had...I am in.

what is the best practice for updating shaders patch? Should I just disable shaders and sol in content manager and drag the files over the old fashioned way? In the past I could not update past P47 due to a strange VR issue...

I have a new PC and have P74 + sol 1.1.1 working fantastic but if there are performance gains to be had...I am in.
Just install shader patch over CM settings>custom Shader patch>about and update and then install Sol 1.2 RC1 manually. Actual there is a little bug where tracks look all ways wet, which should be fixed with the next release of CSP.

• Deleted member 197115

Indeed, seems like performance even better than 49. You guys are wizards. Great job! :)
After some more extensive testing I had to retract that, 49 is still a performance king by quite a margin. Still 114 is way better than 69 and 74. Hopefully more performance optimizations are coming.

I know what was causing the frame rate cap. It's vertical sync. If you have an AMD processor and have vertical sync on, the frame rate is capped. If you turn it off it isn't. With Peter's settings and vertical sync off I did get way more fps, but, everything looked really jerky and it was just unpleasant. With vertical sync on everything is a lot smoother. Also, with vertical sync off, the cpu usage was 92%, with it on it was 72%.

If it means a smoother ride I'm prepared to take a frame rate cap as there's no way in hell I'm forking out for and intel board and processor. An 8 core Intel is £485, I paid £65 for my FX! An 8 core Ryzen is £284. Ouch!

• Deleted member 197115

Wondering what exactly triggers wet look in 114 as I don't get it even in rainy weather, unlesss wet version of the track is selected.

After a little research I did a bit of tinkering with NVidia Control Panel to see what it did to AC. These are what I'm happiest with now:

xKXf6xz.jpg

CNxJcWv.jpg

Yes, Vertical Sync is on, I have to do this as I have an AMD FX processor and AC is a jittery, horrible mess without it. It caps the frame rate at 60fps, but, it's nice and smooth and you can put as little or as many goodies on as you want.

I also changed these colour settings:

5UHCEzy.jpg

You can try them if you like. They work for me, but your mileage may vary. Let me know if you do try them though.

After a little research I did a bit of tinkering with NVidia Control Panel to see what it did to AC. These are what I'm happiest with now:

xKXf6xz.jpg

CNxJcWv.jpg

Yes, Vertical Sync is on, I have to do this as I have an AMD FX processor and AC is a jittery, horrible mess without it. It caps the frame rate at 60fps, but, it's nice and smooth and you can put as little or as many goodies on as you want.

I also changed these colour settings:

5UHCEzy.jpg

You can try them if you like. They work for me, but your mileage may vary. Let me know if you do try them though.
Everytime i tried DSR i switched it off immediately. It has a crazy fps reduction, the DSR - smoothness blurs the picture, UI is shrinked. Using AA 8x is way more performant and the picture is not blurred.

Got to admit, the consensus would seem to be off. With a capped frame rate anyway there doesn't seem to be a difference in FPS either way. Do you mean the MSAA in the Assetto Corsa settings? I had that at 8x anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back