AC *SGP only* Lotus 49 @ Monza '66 - Mon 06 Jul 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I couldn't hear anybody on chat. I didn't notice Han come into the channel, I was calling but nobody replied. Not sure if it's working for me, because a buddy came on later - I could hear him but he couldn't hear me. I didn't do any practice so I didn't have time for messing with Discord.

A couple of our guys don't like Discord (I don't like it either) and don't join. It's a problem because when we have a large grid, some people will always join Discord. If I go back to TS, we will end up with 2 separate groups so I'm scuppered really.

Not sure why the banter has not been happening this week. I've been feeling unwell, so I've not been active on the forum. I've kept an eye on it, but not had much to say. TBH the whole RD site seems quiet. I guess it's the usual July/August quiet spell. Strange considering few people are taking holidays oversees this year. :confused:

I couldn't hear anybody on chat. I didn't notice Han come into the channel, I was calling but nobody replied. Not sure if it's working for me, because a buddy came on later - I could hear him but he couldn't hear me. I didn't do any practice so I didn't have time for messing with Discord.

A couple of our guys don't like Discord (I don't like it either) and don't join. It's a problem because when we have a large grid, some people will always join Discord. If I go back to TS, we will end up with 2 separate groups so I'm scuppered really.

Not sure why the banter has not been happening this week. I've been feeling unwell, so I've not been active on the forum. I've kept an eye on it, but not had much to say. TBH the whole RD site seems quiet. I guess it's the usual July/August quiet spell. Strange considering few people are taking holidays oversees this year. :confused:
I was wondering where the others were. I thought I had somehow the wrong channel but you were there also although I didn't hear anything and you probably didn't hear me. Checked teamspeak but nobody there also.

I had a nice race with a very bad start starting front line and a race incident on the straight with @Partick Eaton (is it really Partick or a typo?) which made us both hit the straw bales on the right. Really sorry for that, Pat. So that placed me 9th even before the first turn with a lot of catching up to do. Although I couldn't really find my pace in this difficult car, with the help of mistakes from others I managed to finish 3rd. It was hard but fun. I really love the monday combo's and looking forward to the next one.

@Kek700 great race from you. Incredible pace! You're transforming into an alien if you keep this up.

Lotus Monza 66.jpg

What about the post race banter on this forum? Has it moved?
There is a forum on the simracing.gp project, but at the moment, I think this is still the place for 'post race banter'.

My 3rd race here at RaceDepartment. Started from P2, and found myself leading early on, after Sheashant went deep into Lesmo 1 on lap 1.

Once the race had settled, I had Ernie about 6 seconds behind, and closing in. He'd been lapping in the 1m27's during practice, and I've never got below 1m28 (in practice or qually), so the gap gradually reduced as the race went by. After a silly mistake exiting Lesmo 2 where I ran wide and brushed the barrier, and had to lift, Ernie went by.

Thanks to those who were lapped for leaving room etc. Thanks Dennis for setting up the event. I'll hope to join another event in the near future.

Click on the race you wanna join, choose a car and you should see the participants number/value increase by one. That's you I think.

Yep, If I then refresh the page I can see that I'm signed up. I also then have a cancel registration button.
It doesn't let me choose a car. I can see them all but when I click on them nothing happens at all.

Got punted 2nd lap :( Then got lucky, :)both Ross and Sheashant when I was within one second dropped the lotus just giving me an easy overtake and a gap. So two bits of good luck one bit of bad. Come to think of it Denis had something happen on the ( I think ) forth lap. I not sure how I was going to get by Ross and Sheashant, it certainly was not going to be easy, took note of were they were quick, then realised there were no advantages at all for me.
So very lucky all told for me in this race.:)

Came into the race thinking I dont have much pace but I was glad to push and put it on pole. As Ross has already higlighted, I pushed deep into Lesmo but didnt factor into heavier car and colder brakes (Excuses *ahemm*) and smashed it in the wall. Dropped down to fifth but I was hoping not to have anymore incidents.

Couple of guys had some incidents and I moved back up front but started thinking about what to have for breakfast tomorrow and lost the car again lol. In the mean time, everyone was finding some serious pace around me and congrats to @Kek700 for the fastest lap and the win. Definitely smashed it!

Fair play to @Ross Hawkey for holding up well up front and to @Denis Betty for that racing between us towards the end of the race. We both were pushing hard!

Not a big turn out but it was still fun nonetheless. Congrats to podium finishers and hope to race again soon.

I had a nice race with a very bad start starting front line and a race incident on the straight with @Partick Eaton (is it really Partick or a typo?) which made us both hit the straw bales on the right. Really sorry for that, Pat. So that placed me 9th even before the first turn with a lot of catching up to do. Although I couldn't really find my pace in this difficult car, with the help of mistakes from others I managed to finish 3rd. It was hard but fun. I really love the monday combo's and looking forward to the next one.

@Kek700 great race from you. Incredible pace! You're transforming into an alien if you keep this up.

I have to admit, my name is Patrick, Partick is a name I have been called for years. Does this contravene the rules of using a nickname?

I have to admit, my name is Patrick, Partick is a name I have been called for years. Does this contravene the rules of using a nickname?
Ha ha, I must admit, I always wondered if it was a typo.

No no, no problem with having a nick name - so long as it's not offensive. :)

i enjoyed the race although im a slow and steady newbe to sims, but that car was a beast to drive lol i just could not take the last turn without spinning out, i dont know how you guys manage to go round so quick, looking forward to the next
That was indeed a tricky car. I hope that you'll forgive me for indulging myself occasionally. :D

We are always looking for new members, so consider yourself very welcome here.
Racing with real people is the best way to improve IMO, so stick at it and if you need help or advice, just holler. One of the proper drivers around here will be only too happy to help. Hopefully I can learn something by listening in to their advice. ;)

Got punted 2nd lap :( Then got lucky, :)both Ross and Sheashant when I was within one second dropped the lotus just giving me an easy overtake and a gap. So two bits of good luck one bit of bad. Come to think of it Denis had something happen on the ( I think ) forth lap. I not sure how I was going to get by Ross and Sheashant, it certainly was not going to be easy, took note of were they were quick, then realised there were no advantages at all for me.
So very lucky all told for me in this race.:)
You don't have to be modest, Ernie. You were the only one doing 1.27s. So to quote Tina Turner: You're simply the best! :thumbsup:

That was indeed a tricky car. I hope that you'll forgive me for indulging myself occasionally. :D

We are always looking for new members, so consider yourself very welcome here.
Racing with real people is the best way to improve IMO, so stick at it and if you need help or advice, just holler. One of the proper drivers around here will be only too happy to help. Hopefully I can learn something by listening in to their advice. ;)

@Denis Betty your race combos have been excellent, so indulge away!

This event sparked some curiosity about the 60's F1 cars for me again, so I did a couple of short offline races on the full Monza circuit with the GPL mods, as well as some with @Pessio's RD1 "Porknose" mod, and those races were great fun. I've no idea how those drivers raced those crazy cars on the limit, lap after lap on tracks designed to kill them.

Side note: I found the "Porknose" to be a more approachable car than either the Kunos cars or the GPL mods and is a fantastic tribute to the 60's F1 cars, modelled with Pessio's amazing attention to detail.

GPL was my first real sim and I still love the cars and tracks. Lets hope we can run more of these.
If you get below 1;30:00 on this combo you get an achievement which even mentions GPL. I'd like to run the cars again, hopefully with a bigger grid. I hope the smaller turn out was just the usual summer slow down and not anything to do with the combo. The grid for next Monday is around half full so far. Long way to to though, so fingers crossed. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.3%