AC *SGP Beta only* Group C @ Spa - Mon 22 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I noticed on the simracing.gp results page for Monday's race I have 10 incidents listed against me. Does anyone know are these incidents counted? Other than spinning into the pit wall at the start (without touching anyone) and the one slow down penalty, I don't understand where this large figure comes from. The issue here is that on my own results page, after only 1 race it says that I have had 9 "cars collisions", which after only one (SRGP) race looks fairly bad... and is definitely wrong.

I noticed on the simracing.gp results page for Monday's race I have 10 incidents listed against me. Does anyone know are these incidents counted? Other than spinning into the pit wall at the start (without touching anyone) and the one slow down penalty, I don't understand where this large figure comes from. The issue here is that on my own results page, after only 1 race it says that I have had 9 "cars collisions", which after only one (SRGP) race looks fairly bad... and is definitely wrong.
Ask on the S.GP forum Joey.
Hopefully stuff like this will not be carried forward when we leave Beta.

@joeac

I have found that the penalty systems are just are not smart enough.
A general warning is about as good as it gets.
I have been in races where a competitor has purposely pushed me off the circuit to get me a time penalty so they can get a good gap. Guess what I get that pegged as my fault. You can have ten incidents logged against you in one race, be 100% innocent and get them all logged as your fault.

when I raced in SRS when it was first started, did my best to keep a clean sheet
Made sure I was never involved in an incident, never came off.
The other competitors made sure that was an impossible task, managed better than most but still had a lot of incidents logged against me, even though I had virtually zero from myself.

Nothing beats well policed race by administration and fellow competitors.

Racedepartment have it about right in my view. :)

@joeac

I have found that the penalty systems are just are not smart enough.
A general warning is about as good as it gets.
I have been in races where a competitor has purposely pushed me off the circuit to get me a time penalty so they can get a good gap. Guess what I get that pegged as my fault. You can have ten incidents logged against you in one race, be 100% innocent and get them all logged as your fault.

when I raced in SRS when it was first started, did my best to keep a clean sheet
Made sure I was never involved in an incident, never came off.
The other competitors made sure that was an impossible task, managed better than most but still had a lot of incidents logged against me, even though I had virtually zero from myself.

Nothing beats well policed race by administration and fellow competitors.

Racedepartment have it about right in my view. :)

Yes, I totally agree. The RD club races are very well done. I've signed up to SRS but I've not had the time to try any races yet.

I'm sure the S-GP system will come together too. I know it's not easy developing a platform that has to tie into different software packages / sims (of different ages) and work with the outputs from each in a consistent manner. This period of growth in Sim Racing has shed some light to a wider audience on a few of the issues inherent in the current sims, so I'm certain that as the next-gen sims are developed they will incorporate more accurate driving standards reporting and better integration with online racing platforms such as SRS & Simracing.gp.

I've got to agree, my driving was terrible. In my defence I was having mis-shifts nearly every lap & because I had to re-engage my clutch I kept buggering up my braking. That said, take a look @ lap 4 (&T1 L5) around 'Campus' before you start patting yourself on the back for your restrained driving.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing the near incident (or the shunt that I had @ T1 on the first lap... by someone else), I'm more concerned that you've used my surname on the forum. I value my anonymity on the internet, so please change it to either Patrick or pattikins.:thumbsup:

Just seen your comments.

Lap 5, Yes i agree I ran wide into you coming out of T1 because honestly I didnt expect your exit speed to be that slow since it was my first time meeting a ST @T1 but if you look closely on your speed, you dont even lose a 1 Kph due to that slight brush. So it didnt affect your exit speed one bit.

Honestly the need for you to highlight this is petty to say the least specially if you look at your driving on L12 coming upto Blanchimont. I try and hug the inside as much as possible to give you space around the outside but you still managed to clatter into me.

And I had a look at the incident you had at L1 T1 with another driver. Yet again, you felt the need to mention this but giving a unbiased point of view, you clearly approached the corner as if the other drive was a lap down. It was the first corner of the first lap, you cant leave such a massive gap on the inside and dont expect drivers to outbrake you.

I was under the impression that the first lap was a rolling start, I did an easy rolling start, unfortunately It appeared apart from Denis and I we were the only ones rolling.:unsure:

Just seen your comments.

Lap 5, Yes i agree I ran wide into you coming out of T1 because honestly I didnt expect your exit speed to be that slow since it was my first time meeting a ST @T1 but if you look closely on your speed, you dont even lose a 1 Kph due to that slight brush. So it didnt affect your exit speed one bit.

Honestly the need for you to highlight this is petty to say the least specially if you look at your driving on L12 coming upto Blanchimont. I try and hug the inside as much as possible to give you space around the outside but you still managed to clatter into me.

And I had a look at the incident you had at L1 T1 with another driver. Yet again, you felt the need to mention this but giving a unbiased point of view, you clearly approached the corner as if the other drive was a lap down. It was the first corner of the first lap, you cant leave such a massive gap on the inside and dont expect drivers to outbrake you.

I clearly state that my driving wasn't the best, and in mitigation, I mentioned that that I was having clutch issues.

When I suggested that you 'take a look @ lap 4 (&T1 L5) around 'Campus' before you start patting yourself on the back for your restrained driving. ', I was hoping to draw your attention to the folly of criticising others (me) when your own driving was anything but flawless. I'm not sure that you're capable of that insight, so I've created two videos. The first one is lap 4 and T1 in lap 5 - involving a 'slight brush' with my car, even though the server will class it as a collision, which it is. The second video is lap 12 @ Blanchimont, where I 'still managed to clatter into' you.

You won't need any popcorn, they're both short videos. Video 1:

Video 2:
I gave you @ least the minumum space. If you want to understand why I didn't give you any more, see lap 4.

Petty: pause your car as you go through Eau Rouge on both videos. :cautious:

I asked you nicely to remove my surname from your comments. I see that you haven't done this. Is there a reason or do I need to involve/ask staff to edit your message.

I clearly state that my driving wasn't the best, and in mitigation, I mentioned that that I was having clutch issues.

When I suggested that you 'take a look @ lap 4 (&T1 L5) around 'Campus' before you start patting yourself on the back for your restrained driving. ', I was hoping to draw your attention to the folly of criticising others (me) when your own driving was anything but flawless. I'm not sure that you're capable of that insight, so I've created two videos. The first one is lap 4 and T1 in lap 5 - involving a 'slight brush' with my car, even though the server will class it as a collision, which it is. The second video is lap 12 @ Blanchimont, where I 'still managed to clatter into' you.

You won't need any popcorn, they're both short videos. Video 1:

Let me remind you what i actually wrote on my very first post race comment.
"Congrats to Chris for the win and Londes for the Silver. Although number 17 was much faster than me in the Porsche 962 C Short Tail, we had a decent battle towards the end. I was driving defensive and twice I yeilded to avoid a major incident. In the end, I thought I caused 17 to go off in Eau rouge but watching the replay it looks like he got a cut warning and pulled over. Congrats to everyone who took part and who finished."

I acknowledged that you were faster than me in this race.
I acknowledged that we had a decent battle.
I made a statement that I reacted to avoid a major crash.

Yet you say that Ive been giving myself praise and patting myself on the back.
And that I have been critising your driving and how I believe my driving is flawless.
And most recently, that I am incapable of having an insight.
Thank you for your kind words.

Moving on, I thought ill give you the benifit of the doubt and not grab myself a popcorn but I wish i did because those two videos were anything but 'short'.

For the first video, you started the footage about 5 corners before campus and carried on to Eau Rouge (I get it you wanted to prove another point, and im sorry but it is 'petty' because if you look at the 12/13 odd laps during the race, I must have gone in to ER a bit aggresive 3 or 4 times, albeit on my own risk of getting penalised, which i believe you got the pleasure of getting slapped, twice). Believe me, I respect the rules and the art of racing. Every now and then when im on the limit, I may go outside the racing line but i guess its still not good enough for some people.

Coming to campus, yes I may have come back into the track a bit to aggresively but i was never completely 4 wheels off on the gravel and I still had absolute control of my car and I also got back into my 'line' a mere 2 seconds after I touched the gravel further proving I just had a little understeery moment. If did come all the way across the track to impede you than I would raise my hands up with out a doubt.

Second video, well, I already figured out the title was a click bait because once again we start 4-5 corners from the incident. Worse case, I would have expected a short video to start 2 corners earlier to build up upto the incident. Anyway I can see from your video that it doesnt look much but if I may let me return the honour and give you my point of view.

Please pay close attention to the slow mo at the second half of the video. You can see how much the contact unsettled my car and if i hadnt slowed down enough I would have understeered into you.

Thumbs up for your tit for tat racing etiquette.

Finally, I did not realise that you meant I delete your surname from my original comment.
Consider it done with pleasure.

Thumbs up for your tit for tat racing etiquette.

Finally, I did not realise that you meant I delete your surname from my original comment.
Consider it done with pleasure.

As I understand, RD racing etiquette dictates that if you leave the track you are meant to lift. At Courbe Paul Frere (lap 12) you left the track (you had all four wheels over the white line) and continued to race against me. Nor was it the first time that you had all four wheels over - hence the starting position of the first video. You should've yielded, but you didn't. The subsequent collision in that regard is a rather moot point. I'm not saying that I wasn't guilty of track infringment during the racing, I'm sure that I did, but it wasn't to retain or gain track position.

In lap 4 it was me that had to lift & change direction. That loss of speed allowed you to stay with me & it was me that ultimately lost a position from your unsafe return to the track.

I've said my bit & I don't want this argument to drag on. Suffice it to say that it was you that implied (' twice I yeilded to avoid a major incident.') that I was the unsafe driver and hopefully I've given you food for thought.

Thank you for removing my surname.

Gentlemen, I have taken my eye off this because I'm busy with something. Please could you refrain from any more finger pointing on the event thread. If you have anything more to say, please continue via PM. No offence, but please try to consider how this looks on the forum.
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Gentlemen, I have taken my eye off this because I'm busy with something. Please could you refrain from any more finger pointing on the event thread. If you have anything more to say, please continue via PM. No offence, but please try to consider how this looks on the forum.
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

I agree, I had two races with RD and seeing this aggression for little incidents made me doubt if I should do any more races here. I hope it doesn't turn into this each time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%