SFX-100 Shield - Group buy round 2 signup - EU

The first group buy of fully assembled "plug and play" SFX-100 Shields is now complete and most of the boards are on their way or in people's hands already

ShRkzay.jpg

It does seem there is still interest from people who have started their builds recently, so I'm collecting names for a potential 2nd group buy. We will only move forward with Group Buy 2 if we can purchase 100+ boards, so signing up does not guarantee a board.

The price per board will be somewhere around 20 Euro ( plus shipping / handling and taxes if needed). The exact price depends on how many we order.

I will be handling orders for the EU. If there is enough interest, @Pyronious would like to initiate the group buy around mid-June. Production time will be 5-7 weeks from the time we place the order.

If you are interested and want to be put on the list, please reply to this topic and copy all the names that are already on the list into your message, then add your name and desired quantity to the end of the list.

Here's great before/after picture from @BerraMorot

PS:
If you are outside the EU region and do not live in the areas where the other group buys are organised, you can sign up here, but with international shipping and extra custom forms to be filled out, there will be a slightly higher handling fee.

Last edited:
Hi HoiHman, just a matter of interest currently how many are intrested ?

The problem is that most don't like to wait 3-4 months to build their SFX100. 3 - 4 months would be a minimal timeframe needed to get the minimal SFX-100 shields orders needed to make this groupbuy cost effective.

There's no sign-up list, no waiting list because there's no groupbuy 3 being organised right now.

Upvote 0
I have never done something like this, organizing a groupbuy. But I'm thinking how I can help. I did the build myself, ordering the boards in China (minimum order was 5, so made 4 other persons happy with a board). But I sourced and assembled the parts myself. Have no intention to make money, just happy to help others that want to build a SFX100. Let me know what you think I can do.

Upvote 0
The problem is that most don't like to wait 3-4 months to build their SFX100. 3 - 4 months would be a minimal timeframe needed to get the minimal SFX-100 shields orders needed to make this groupbuy cost effective.

There's no sign-up list, no waiting list because there's no groupbuy 3 being organised right now.

Hi, I can totally understand those shortcomings. It's a little disappointing. But hey ho, what can one do, no problem, and thank you sir for replying, and letting me know.

Upvote 0
I have never done something like this, organizing a groupbuy. But I'm thinking how I can help. I did the build myself, ordering the boards in China (minimum order was 5, so made 4 other persons happy with a board). But I sourced and assembled the parts myself. Have no intention to make money, just happy to help others that want to build a SFX100. Let me know what you think I can do.
Well this is great news, I would gladly love to take 3 of these Shields, (overall price depending to my door). If it gets a tad too expensive.

Then could it be possible that I could acquire 2 Shields. Can you PM me with more pricing and details please.
I am presume that they are fully tested by yourself before posting (sorry I know it's rude ask)

And as soon as the required amount of Shields are met then we can talk about time frame. And thanks again for offering your services this is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Have to think about it, building and testing is no issue. But have no intention to make many or any commercial interest. Got no idea what the price was in the groupbuy, but if you build them in China, board and assemble parts there with a amount of 100 at once.. me doing it myself will be more expensive, not in the last place due to the scale of buying the parts required.

Upvote 0
Have to think about it, building and testing is no issue. But have no intention to make many or any commercial interest. Got no idea what the price was in the groupbuy, but if you build them in China, board and assemble parts there with a amount of 100 at once.. me doing it myself will be more expensive, not in the last place due to the scale of buying the parts required.
Hi good of you to respond so quick, I think in the group buy it worked out at around £20 each. I dont think that included the pnp to each individual. Iam just trying to work out how much it cost you when you done yours as I have no idea

Upvote 0
A second issue that makes organising a new groupbuy more difficult is that i got a notification that when i organise a new groupbuy, chances are high i will been seen as a "commercial vendor".

This means i need to pay 50 bucks per month just for keeping the topic on the hardware forum here.

We are doing this to serve the community and not making real money on it, but racedepartment has to draw the line somewhere (which i completely understand.)

The ironic part is that even though i was the distributor of europe and provided a lot of SFX100 users with their SFX100 shield, i'm still running my 2 controller SFX motion system without them :D

Upvote 0
A second issue that makes organising a new groupbuy more difficult is that i got a notification that when i organise a new groupbuy, chances are high i will been seen as a "commercial vendor".

This means i need to pay 50 bucks per month just for keeping the topic on the hardware forum here.

We are doing this to serve the community and not making real money on it, but racedepartment has to draw the line somewhere (which i completely understand.)

The ironic part is that even though i was the distributor of europe and provided a lot of SFX100 users with their SFX100 shield, i'm still running my 2 controller SFX motion system without them :D
Thats a real shame really, as its not a business or an advertised business at that, but I guess your right, that Racedepartment has to pull the reins somewhere. :(

Upvote 0

I was just thinking... If you were to start another group buy, could it be possible that you could do that on the Discord Channel, It's cheeky to ask, but worth a shot I guess. Probably be another year tho, right ?

Upvote 0
I was just thinking... If you were to start another group buy, could it be possible that you could do that on the Discord Channel, It's cheeky to ask, but worth a shot I guess. Probably be another year tho, right ?

Is possible, but most discord users are people with a full build system.

Usually people start searching for parts, the second step is building their SFX system and when everything is finished they install the software and register to get access to the discord channel.

Upvote 0
Agree, I also joined discord after the build not before or during.

I will do some homework to learn how much it will costs to build some boards to help.

@HoiHman You did the groupbuy, but still using a breadboard? How odd ;-)

Upvote 0
Agree, I also joined discord after the build not before or during.

I will do some homework to learn how much it will costs to build some boards to help.

@HoiHman You did the groupbuy, but still using a breadboard? How odd ;-)

Never change a running system. :)

If and when i will significant changes to the wiring of my SFX100 build the current wire situation will be exchanged by my 2 SFX100 shield. But until then there no real need to make these changes right now.

Upvote 0
Thats a real shame really, as its not a business or an advertised business at that, but I guess your right, that Racedepartment has to pull the reins somewhere. :(
We hoped it would have been different but some people have stretched it too far in the last months. And as always the good have to suffer for the bad sometimes.

What would be a feasible option is that the builder of SFX100, who obviously IS running a commercial business makes the post and initiates the group buy with a proper vendor account. That's a very reasonable alternative imo.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing