SFX-100 owners... actuator assembly question

Just assembling the actuators and having some issues with the FK12 fixed bearings. Are they supposed to be a press fit on the ball screw? With everything at room temperature, the fixed bearing doesn't even slide on far enough to expose any of the threads machined into the ball screw. I can heat the FK12 bearing and try fitting it hot, but none of the guides I've read mention that step.

Have I got slightly undersize bearings?

Just assembling the actuators and having some issues with the FK12 fixed bearings. Are they supposed to be a press fit on the ball screw? With everything at room temperature, the fixed bearing doesn't even slide on far enough to expose any of the threads machined into the ball screw. I can heat the FK12 bearing and try fitting it hot, but none of the guides I've read mention that step.

It can happen, as these parts all have a slight variation in size, like +/- 0.0Xmm. I had to replace the first batch that I got. Some people mentioned that sanding down the ball screw fixed it for them, but I guess it would depend on how much it's off by.

Upvote 0
mine fit to various degrees.. one slipped on, the other only had a bit of thread, another I could tighten all the way and the bearing still spun, another when it was tight it seized the bearing and had to be backed off. are all of yours too small to fit or just one?

Upvote 0
mine fit to various degrees.. one slipped on, the other only had a bit of thread, another I could tighten all the way and the bearing still spun, another when it was tight it seized the bearing and had to be backed off. are all of yours too small to fit or just one?

All of them are too small... they all slip-on exactly the same amount (see attached pic).

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_100240.jpg
    IMG_20200714_100240.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0

Hi just finished building mine, yes i think you may have, try freezing the shaft ?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back