SFX-100 + Next Level V3 Owners Thread

Hello friends! It's me again back with another helpful and entertaining RD thread! This time focusing on combining motion's new kid on the block, the SFX-100 AC Servo full chassis motion solution with our current favourite seat mover, the Next Level Racing V3 Motion Platform. We already have extensive threads for either of these amazing pieces of sim racing hardware, you can read more about them both in the links below:

- SFX-100 / SimFeedback-AC DIY

- Next Level Racing V3 Motion Platform

This thread will focus on the owners or potential owners looking to combine these solutions for their sim racing motion experience. Looking forward to seeing everyone's input on getting the most out of this setup. Feel free to leave suggestion, questions, settings and profiles and anything in between. The other threads are huge now and have a lot of discussion, let's get this one up there, too!

Not sure of the max weight, but i'm sure Saxxon put a video out of him standing on the rear of his whilst someone was using it, so I guess 2 adults (in body/age not mind/mental age :D ) would be quite a weight (possibly 25-30 stone, plus the weight of the rig itself of course).

Upvote 0
Hi everyone! I'm very interested to this solution, but I have so much doubt!
First of all, I don't understand so good english, so there are so much thing that I don't understand totally, please be patience with me! :roflmao:

I have some questions, and I hope you can answer me. Thanks in advance!

Combining SFX 100 and V3 is the best way forward i believe and i found a video of someone who did it! Looks sooo cool!
The Sfx 100 can simulate going up and downhill while racing and the seat the g forces. Btw anyone who has a v3 can it simulate going up and downhill on a racetrack or not?

1) The combination SFX 100-V3 seems very good, but I don't like the fact that wheel+pedals don't move with the combination SFX 100-v3 (but only SFX 100).

There is a solution to fix it?

2) In this post, there is a solution to my first question or I have understood nothing? :roflmao:

I run both, they compliment each other very well. I put pitch, roll, and heave mainly on the SFX-100, and have surge/sway routed to the chair. A little motion in VR is plenty. Here's a very short clip of a buddy trying this out in PC2 at Watkins Glen. I'm still working on a better video to really show the capabilities of the system.

Also of possible interest. My v3 is on a slider system, with the entire v3 motion platform on the sliders. These keeps the proper center of gravity over the v3 as you move the chair. Super simple to get this installed (low) on my 8020 homebuilt profile.

Or is this the solution to my first question?

I had the NLRv3 and sold it. I just couldn't handle the constant variable shortening of the pedal spacing. I would personally, keep the SFX-100, and sell off the NLRv3 and take the money and buy a GS-5. GS-5 + SFX-100 is heaven.

3) Last question...

Exist a 'ready to buy' solution for all of these options? And how much it cost?

Or are these solutions (SFX-100+v3 or SFX-100+GS-5) better than a 'ready to buy' solution? And how much cost these solutions (SFX-100+v3 or SFX-100+GS-5)?

Sorry if I do so much questions, but I'm so excited to see similar solutions! I hope you can understand me!
And thanks in advance for the answers! :)

Upvote 0
For those of you using a NLR V3 + SFX100, what software do you use and what are your preferred settings for MSFS? I have been using SRS for the actuators and NLR's software for the seat mover. Not sure if there is any other option out there. I've overlayed FlyPT over SRS and that seems to help. Are you turning all of the settings way down except for surge and pitch on the NLR V3? What do you find works best?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back