F1 2010 Setups are a sham...

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
S

Stephen White

• Stephen White

Worked all day on an Interlagos setup, worked my way up from the stable quick setup one change at a time, many laps of testing...

went online and saw that I was in 100th place (that includes those who use diving aids so if you get rid of those guys i am much higher placed)...saw that the top guys without aides were two to three seconds faster...

loaded up about 4 of them as ghost laps...started running and quickly realized they had much more straight line speed...

turned on the ultra low downforce quicksetup...went back out without changing it...and....

wait for it....

voila a second a lap quicker, after literally 4 laps I was now 55th on the leaderboard.

I think the short of it is: use the low downforce quicksetup to hotlap...

That's 5 hours of reading about setting up F1 cars I won't get back! I have no wing for the infield section of Interlagos, yet i am a full second a lap faster....

lol. what a joke...

If you are testing setups in time trial, the car handling is entirely different from an actual race weekend. I can do fine hotlaps at Hockenheim (not fast, but constant and on the track) and I fly off at Hockenheim practice in every second corner.

And have you noticed the tracks are slightly "different" in racing mode/time trial?

Try this... do some time trial in Melbourne and find your break points... Every side marker is white, the ones with 150, 100 and 50 writen...
Now, go race in melbourne... not only you have more markers but they are also red... (At least I remember it this way...)

Anyway, I know it's a stupid litle thing, but I do notice when someone mess with my break points!!!! :D
(The worst being when some driver that think he is Chuck Norris so he doesn't need to brake in order to make the curve and *BAM*, break my brake point marker... Not funny! :p)

• Karzee

If you are testing setups in time trial, the car handling is entirely different from an actual race weekend. I can do fine hotlaps at Hockenheim (not fast, but constant and on the track) and I fly off at Hockenheim practice in every second corner.
Is this because the car weighs a lot more in a race due to carrying more fuel?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back