Setup(s) for RSS Formula 3 V6

I did try your, but I find it a bit loose, and the rear wobbling a bit and too reactive for my driving style...
I'm fairly new to setups, after some research I tried to make it stiff on the suspension, and roll a bit so I can get on the gas sooner and have a less snappy rear.

What do you usually look for when you setup your cars?
THanks in advance!

I did try your, but I find it a bit loose, and the rear wobbling a bit and too reactive for my driving style...
I'm fairly new to setups, after some research I tried to make it stiff on the suspension, and roll a bit so I can get on the gas sooner and have a less snappy rear.

What do you usually look for when you setup your cars?
THanks in advance!

Thanks for your comments. I will have another look. If there's one thing I seek in a setup, it's balance. Everything else proceeds from that.

are you having trouble with heating up the tyres? I am finding difficulty stabling the tyre temp
for my setup?? I find that my tires are running a bit of hot to be honest.. that can be sorted out by applying less camber on the rear for example. Alternatively, work with tire pressures... Hope this helps!

I did try your, but I find it a bit loose, and the rear wobbling a bit and too reactive for my driving style. I'm fairly new to setups, after some research I tried to make it stiff on the suspension, and roll a bit so I can get on the gas sooner and have a less snappy rear.

If you make the rear suspension stiff, it will roll less and you won't be able to get on the gas sooner, but later. If you want to get on the gas sooner (desireable: in slow/out fast), you want the power side of the diff low, the shocks relaxed in jounce but stiff in rebound, the ride height higher, the sway bar looser and the spring weights lower and/or any combination of the above.

Sorry, I have only a few Monza setups and the original RSS Formula 3 V6 isn't among them. I just got RSS' 2020 F2 V6 so I may work on some new setups if I have the time. If you still have the old car, truth be known, other than the gear choices and the fuel load, what works for a car at one track usually works for another, unless the tracks are asymmetrical (Lime Rock, Laguna) or have widely different layouts (Silverstone '66, Oschersleben). In your case, a Spa setup would probably work pretty well at Monza.

Now that The Setup Market is gone (presumably forever; it hadn't been maintained in years), the 500 setups I posted there (downloaded 30,000 times!) are also lost. However, I've probably posted 500 setups here by now (four full pages worth), so if you can't find it here, I probably don't have it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 153 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%