• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Setup Requests Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2010 Setups' started by Shreevsy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. TheRedStig

TheRedStig

Ratings:
    +0
    Silverstone (UK) - Virgin Racing Season 1

I'm in need of a good setup for a virgin car at silverstone, the outlook for P and R seem to be dry with some cloud but Q seems to have some rain. i need the setup to be fast and with little oversteer

2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,973
  3. Playdonian

Playdonian

Ratings:
    +0
    tazio02.jpg

4. marklorenz

marklorenz

Ratings:
    +0
    gp turchia

hallo, anyone has a setup for the turkish gp? tanks !

5. marklorenz

marklorenz

Ratings:
    +0
    tank you !

6. Jason Dewhurst

Jason Dewhurst

Ratings:
    +0
    Try searching instead of making needless threads, this area is full of setups I got a turk setup from here by browsing, some people are so lazy.

7. David Pepperill

David Pepperill

Ratings:
    +0
    I used this setup for Turkey got pole and won the race, it worked so well I thought I would try it at other tracks just adjusting gears and wing to suit the individual circuit. It really does seem to work as I have notched up 5 more victories. I am in career mode with Williams AI on professional, assists are TC medium, manual gears and brakes, but it should not really matter what your preference is as the car will still handle well. Up to this point I was struggling to get in the points so give it a go it might work for you as it did for me and if you think about it the F1 teams don’t actually alter their cars much from one track to the next just fine tune them suit each track once they have good setup.
    I have left out gears as this will be car and person preferred as these will differ, I have left wings in so you can see you need one more on the front than the rear but remember you need to tune your aero to your gears.
    I will only post the Turkey setup rather than all my individual setups.
    Platform is PC.
    Just won pole at Hockenhiem with 1:19.1 and then breezed to a win.
    Look for my setup under Istanbul setups

8. mike33

mike33

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I should like ask you for setups for 100% race(!). Qualifies is not problem for me, but in race with full tank I am too slow then AI (Catalaunya of course, Shanghai and any other). Thank you very much in advance.

9. Leon_K

Leon_K

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I think that could be a good idea having a detailed step-by-step guide for the car-setup..I think that a lot of players (me too) get confused and don't know where to begin for a good setup. I'm not very good in these things: "First of all, I should begin from wings? Or from springs? Gear ratio? exc.. Oh my God! I'm screwing! " I guess you understand the situation. In the web you can find a lot of guides, but often each guide tells different things. So, I'm looking for tips from expert players..anyone can help me?

p.s. sorry for my imperfect english..greetings from Italy!

10. wabbithunta

wabbithunta

Ratings:
    +10
    Car setup times lacking (some) info

I'm going into "whinge" mode for a moment...

As others have said in many many posts relating to their car setups, or any car setup actually, it would be nice to know the actual set-ups that they are referring to, as well as wether it was a lap time done in a TT session or a practice session, qly or even an actual race.
    Also it may help if they state what actual game settings they are using too; ie "noob... semi-pro... seasoned vet" and yes I know these are not the named settings but you get my point.. I hope, also do you have brake assist on/off, tyrewear on/off etc etc.

This would go a long way to helping others who want to improve their times or even try to better the setups that are being posted and used by others.

"Whinge" over... add your comments to this if you do feel the need to do so.

:signup:

11. dragonrib

dragonrib

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, i Just bought the game last week...

As far i can see, i noted that most of setups used in the record laps, for all trackings, use the minimum wing or almost the minimum...

Its just impression or this does not correspond to reality ? I believe in real world, cars use high wing values for some trackings, spa for example.

Dont you think the game could be more realistic in this aspect ?

regards and sorry about my english :/

12. Kaftan

Kaftan

Ratings:
    +6
    In this game it's just fine to use Monza-level downforce and compensating for the loss of grip by turning the cambers etc. to maximum. That's not even close to realistic, but it's what you get.

It's one of the reasons why its completely pointless to look at any setup guides for other games like Rfactor, because F1 2010 doesnt play by the same rules.

13. Glockinstructor

Glockinstructor

Ratings:
    +0
    I did pretty good in Barcelona.
    I'm new here in the forum, can anyoen tell me how to get the setupinfo from barcelona so I can post it here ??
    Currently I'm in the weekend of Singapore (and that will probably be my worst course, can't get faster that 5th in the training sessions)

14. Joakim Quensel

Joakim Quensel

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to add to the setup template information which front wing aero setting that is used, and between which turns.
    For example Spa:
    "Front aero +" -> "Front aero -" after turn 16
    "Front aero -" -> "Front aero +" before turn 7

15. MrGaos

MrGaos

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello man!
    Try to play with the gears, it is the most obivius. And think like they do in real racing setups so just dont figure out the highest and the lowest gear an space the rest eavenly. The higher gear the tighter spacing between. Most people dont think of the massive wall of air that the car has to go throug in high speed and therefore, to keep max acceleration its most efficient to have the gears closer in speed. It makes the acceleration the highest possible at all time. Works in in F1 2010 as well. //MrGaos

16. xeno

xeno

Ratings:
    +0
    What about Xbox controller for PC times and settings I use auto with no aids I'm ok on some tracks but there does not seem to much info about this what do you think about deadzone levels and that anyone?

17. Stefan Davies

Stefan Davies

Ratings:
    +0
    im looking for a online race setup for singapore & suzuka, full sim settings, 40% race

also just wondered after changing over from automatic to manual gears i've started running out of fuel alot, i do have a tendency to only change once im hitting red, is short shifting going to help & will it compromise my speed alot ?

18. jiangpf

jiangpf

Ratings:
    +0
    kankan zenmeyang a

19. Azbogashysimpson

Azbogashysimpson

Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone got Virgin setups for Spa?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.