Setup questions

Hi all. I'm more of an open wheeler kind of guy but i have just driven the V8's around Campo and really enjoyed it (except for the left A Pillar blocking the apex haha).
I have a few questions though. For those who know the answers your response is much appreciated...

1. I couldn't change the gear ratios...just changing into 6th before having to brake down the back straight seems a waste of accereration. Is that standard procedure for these beasts??
2. I have searched RD for some sort of GSC 2012 car setup guide and found nothing of significance. I emailed Reiza and had NO response. ALL these cars are tricky to setup and some written help would no doubt help, especially those like me who know little about race car setup. Does anyone know of a setup manual or similar??

:)

I can't answer 2, as I'm struggling to get comfy in these cars as well, but the answer to 1 is yes, these Stock Cars use the same gear ratios for every track. Take consolation in the fact that it's the same for everyone! :p

As I said, 2 is difficult for me to answer properly, but I recall Niels Heusinkveld as having posted a basic driving and setup guide in these forums somewhere. Can't quite remember where it is though.

EDIT: Ah, wait, here it is! Niels should be able to answer your questions here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/setup-hints.32429/

Thanks Rhys :)
Yeah i have seen that thread and it's good info but it covers about half the setup parameters, not things like "differential lock - power/coast/preload" (wtf :D) and bump/rebound and others and how they effect car behaviour et cetera. If you make a change here, should you then adjust something over there?
Anyway, more time and more testing is required....just have to ask the wife...:p

Thanks Rhys :)
Yeah i have seen that thread and it's good info but it covers about half the setup parameters, not things like "differential lock - power/coast/preload" (wtf :D) and bump/rebound and others and how they effect car behaviour et cetera. If you make a change here, should you then adjust something over there?
Anyway, more time and more testing is required....just have to ask the wife...:p

I'd love to see these things explained also.

Wow that's great Bram, the sort of thing i (and others) were after. Will have a good look on the weekend. Damn, wish i had this pre-f3 championship....i could have narrowed the gap to you to within a second!! :D
....but then again maybe not...

Thanks again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back