Setup problem with mclaren gt3

BhZ

Simdriver for Singularity Racing
So, as the title says, i'm having some problems finding a good setup for the mclaren gt3 at vallelunga (basically the special event). The rear of the car spin during mid and fast corners and i can't figure out why. I tried with higher rear wings but it doesnt work unless i really set it very high. Tried with suspensions but didn't work either. Any idea of what could it be?

maybe you can try to adjust arbs and diff power lock; or give it more tc if possible; are the tyres too cold, too hot, do they have enough pressure; ... however to me it sounds like an aero problem when you're losing the back end in mid and fast corners

maybe you can try to adjust arbs and diff power lock; or give it more tc if possible; are the tyres too cold, too hot, do they have enough pressure; ... however to me it sounds like an aero problem when you're losing the back end in mid and fast corners
The tires are ok and yes, i thought about aero too but it feels weird to put so much aero on that car (it's already one of the slowest in terms of top speed).

The tires are ok and yes, i thought about aero too but it feels weird to put so much aero on that car (it's already one of the slowest in terms of top speed).
Reduce the rake of the car then. Reducing the rake should push the aero balance further backwards just like increasing the rear wing angle will push the aero balance backwards. Often reducing the rake is an easier way to reduce high speed oversteer without incurring the drag penalties of the rear wing. Note that it is not as powerful as changing the rear wing though.

Did you lower the car? Don't. Makes the diffuser sit too low in fast corners and it will do what you describe.

The default set does 1.34s if you just slap soft tyres on. Mediums are good enough to get gold too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%