setup for occasional racer

Hi,

New to the forum! I'm Kristof, 31 years old and living in Belgium.

As the thread shows I want to buy a setup for pc racing only.
My only experience with a steering wheel and pedals is a Logitech DFGT and the pedals it came with.
I used that setup combined with a Fanatec Wheel Stand for Gran Turismo 5 but already sold it some time ago.

Now I want to start racing again but occasionally, so maybe once or twice a week.
I'm planning to buy a wheel, pedals and a rig, no external shifter for now.
I'm going to put the rig under/before my PC desk so a rig with display mount isn't necessary but a mouse and keyboard tray might be handy.
The budget I want to spend is max € 1000 - 1200. Is that too much for occasional use?

After reading and watching some reviews I came up with following combination for a wheel and pedals.
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC racer € 489
  • Fanatec CSL Elite LC € 220
I found several rigs but haven't found any good comparison between them.
  • GT Omega Pro Basic with RS6 seat € 352
  • GT Omega Pro Basic with RS9 seat € 375
  • Obutto Ozone € 449

What would you buy with my budget taking into account only using it once or twice a week for a few hours?

Have you measured that the rigs will slide under your desk? What does the RS9 seat add that makes it worth more money over the RS6 seat for you? I'm not a fan of the Obutto design.

On the wheel, the 300 might be better value. Nothing wrong with the pc racer other than price.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you measured that the rigs will slide under your desk? What does the RS9 seat add that makes it worth more money over the RS6 seat for you? I'm not a fan of the Obutto design.

On the wheel, the 300 might be better value. Nothing wrong with the pc racer other than price.

The clearance under my desk is about 70cm so I guess most rigs should fit under it?
I don't know what the difference is between a RS6 and RS9 seat hence the question.
I picked the TS-PC Racer because of the reviews versus the T300 and that the price increase would justify the increase in performance. Also I like the open wheel design more than a normal round shaped rim.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back