Setup effects

I was testing different settings today and i found that the only settings that cleary affects the handling are antiroll bars and aerodynamics. Changing it from oversteer to understeer and vice-versa.

Brake bias also works.

But bumbs and rebound settings cleary doesn't affect the handling, and the car behavior when hitting a kerb. I tested it several times changing it from lowest to highest settings.

About the other settings i still have to test them.

Something similar is happening in Dirt Rally where many setup settings does nothing to the car. What's going on?

Is there actually a reason behind all of this.:whistling:

I needed somebody else to confirm the game isn't bugged as many others, and that every feature works properly, just to be sure.

In Dirt Rally for example, for 2010 cars the brake bias doesn't work.

In fact most of the settings doesnt work, no matter how much i mess with settings, i cant make the car understeer or oversteer more.

I tough it was happening the same with Assetto Corsa.

• Deleted member 379375

There are a couple of things missing from this conversation.
One is consistency , if you can drive consecutive laps consistently (within 0.3 seconds of each other) changes become much more obvious and will also be expressed in the laptime. Also slow bump and slow rebound mostly affect the way the car turns in, i.e the speed of body roll . Once the car is settled in the corner (not rolling due to turn in/out) it's resting on the springs and being restricted by the anti roll bars so they now have most influence. Basically all these things exist because they affect different phases of cornering. You have to know what you are trying to rectify and pick the right tool.

• Deleted member 379375

In my opinion slow bump and rebound is what you should be looking at. That's provided your wing balance is somewhere near. Think about the roll stiffness during transitions , if the front is stiffer in relation to the rear the front loaded tyre will see more weight as you turn in, provided it's not overloaded due to too much speed or heavy front braking then the front is more inclined to grip. If you loose the rear then you'll want to go the other way and stiffen the rear. Keep in mind nothing works in complete isolation so other aspects will be affected by the changes to a lesser degree.

sometimes you just have to accept it’s a simulation of the real world. Not the real world.
But i do understand were you are coming from,”

Conversation in the forums are fraught with difficulties, it is not always practical to
lay down all the many varibles before the question.

I do not know if you are the fastest Alien the world has ever seen or a plodder like myself.
I suggest you go into an online mx5 race in
Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues
test yourself against the fastest drivers in there and give yourself and others
a reference point. ( setup is not “that” important in mx5 ).
if the Psychology of it all is a problem, someone one will give you a setup.

If you are struggle to drive the car in the first place, and I don’t know that, setup is totally
pointless. AC do a very good job of providing a setup car.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back