Setup editor

Misc Setup editor 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Why I don't see change the settings in the SETUP window for the selected team ?
For all teams - I see change.
See video ...
Im pretty sure that if you change a setting in for example redbull-monza it would save and properly load it.
if so It is working as intended. but maybe i should change my intend.
ill try to explain:
These settings default settings.png are the default settings for a setup in the setupeditor.

The All Cars setups are setups ive personally tweaked and used, and did not see the harm in shipping my own setups over the default ones. I play mostly equal online games. My friends dont like wet conditions so those are also unused-default editor setups.

I dont want that if you change your setups in the "all cars" it would change all the car setups, but rather keep it as a sorting method for the user.

• I could change this to the ingame default setup
  • i could add some buttons for the diffrent ingame default setups(more speed moredownforce etc)
  • I could change the default setup to the all cars default setup.
  • lastly maybe i could add a database where users could share with each other( I dont think we have the playerbase for this) adn the most populair would be selected
Let me know what you think, i do agree it kinda looks silly now.​
edit: initially i thought it be bad to add or set as the ingame default setups, as if you are using that you are better off just selecting that ingame, but it could be a nice reference point to work from.​

Last edited:
scruffe updated Setup editor with a new update entry:

Setup Editor v2.0 F1 2021 support!

- Added f1 2021 support
you will have to subscribe to for formula 1 - 2021 cars​
and for formula 2 - 2021 cars​

- updated track list
- changes to the file storing

- if you encounter workshop/steam directory errors (check if the directories in "...

Read the rest of this update entry...

im also trying to figure it out I still can't get it to work
Oh thats a shame!
  • Check if you had the racebox (the dropdown menu bottom left) selected on f1 2021?
  • Did you get a file-explorer popup saying "please select steam library"
  • last if so could you check if the directories found in f1setups/config/config.json (you can open them with notepad) show the right information for you? for example: ("workshop_dir": "<D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/1080110", )
note that workshopdir / steamlibrary is not your steam install folder if you have installed it on a different drive.
example below is mine(for you it will be different):

JSON:
    "steam_path": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam",
    "workshop_dir": "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/1134570",

Last edited:
Oh thats a shame!
  • Check if you had the racebox (the dropdown menu bottom left) selected on f1 2021?
  • Did you get a file-explorer popup saying "please select steam library"
  • last if so could you check if the directories found in f1setups/config/config.json (you can open them with notepad) show the right information for you? for example: ("workshop_dir": "<D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/1080110", )
note that workshopdir / steamlibrary is not your steam install folder if you have installed it on a different drive.
example below is mine(for you it will be different):

JSON:
    "steam_path": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam",
    "workshop_dir": "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/1134570",
got it working thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years